Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Album Name and Release Date!
This band is such a clusterfuck.
http://www.ours.net/ourspages/news/7309/
I came here to post the same thing, blasko, except from the other site: http://www.jimmygnecco.com/jgnews/5663/

Now we know why the album has been delayed. Such sad news.
So sad. Hope they're all holding on.
very sad indeed.

I actually just found 2 other people I met passed away recently as well. Not the most uplifting week certainly.

thoughts with Jason's family and the Ours members who obviously knew Jason well.

Really a shame.

I will say like I posted in my blog, I would be interested to hear some of the work Jason did.
Just wondering...

On June 13th, only a few days before the release party, Ours announced that the album had been pushed back "a little bit". Not going into unfortunate reasons behind it, but there's just NO WAY any of this came by surprise at that point, right?

I mean, it's November soon, so the album process clearly hasn't been anywhere near complete back then. Why mislead fans into thinking that? Or were they really hoping to finish and release the album in a matter of days? Don't think so.

My guess is that the band must've been aware about what's happening and maybe were thinking about cancelling the release party too, but decided otherwise at the very last minute.

Either way, new merch and samplers went out in June, still no news on the release. Go figure...
I came here to ask this same question. Any news? Any word at all? Jimmy recently performed in Los Angeles. Was anyone there, and if so, did he provide any information on the album's release?

I don't mind delays, but I'd appreciate more communication.
Communication would great.   There are some of us that haven’t even heard the sample and it’s November!
Doesn't look like any updates online, at least on twitter, for over a month.
I wonder if they are looking for someone to mix the album still.

Also Jimmy usually posts an update around the end of the year/beginning of the year, often per email. I wouldn't be surprised to not hear anything about it until around the X-Mas/New Years time.
SoundscapeMN Wrote:I wonder if they are looking for someone to mix the album still.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

Jimmy recently performed in NY, right? Maybe he gave an update there.
jade Wrote:
SoundscapeMN Wrote:I wonder if they are looking for someone to mix the album still.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

Jimmy recently performed in NY, right? Maybe he gave an update there.

He did not give any updates at the NY show. He talked about choosing songs for the album and that's what was holding it up. He said something like, he felt like the album was too "sad" and maybe they should mix up the songs.

He talked a lot, but not much of an update.
That’s just...not a good reason. Sorry Jimmy.
I don't...I don't understand that. If the album was supposed to come out in June, how is the song-selection phase still an issue? How is the album still that incomplete 5 months past its original release date?
When I was at the show in June, it sounded like the primary delay was Jason Corsaro's battle with cancer. I understand he subsequently passed in August. Even if complete, perhaps some of the music is just too painful to release at this time because of the associations with the songs.

Just speculating, but perhaps world events also affect which songs make the cut and which do not. I believe Jimmy once said that he does not like to simply complain in a song but prefers to leave the listener with a sense of resolution or healing (I'm paraphrasing here). Maybe he's carefully considering which songs would be the most healing and hopeful for the times? Or maybe he's just "over" whatever feelings inspired some of the tracks and doesn't want to revisit that emotional territory repeatedly on a tour. I can understand that.

Whatever the case, I just listened to the three-song sampler from "Spectacular Sight" for the first time last night, and I was really impressed. Jimmy and the band seem to be experimenting more with song structures. It's the sound of a mature band that has earned its stripes and the confidence to take some risks. Even if delayed, I don't think this album will disappoint! Smile
I love what you've said here, Northstar80. And it seems that--just going by Facebook posts and the newly announced benefit show--that this band has had more than one personal loss this year.

We all remember watching Jimmy publicly work through the grief of losing his mother, which in turn affected his own health. I doubt he's in any hurry to repeat that emotional roller-coaster, and I don't blame him.

I had a similar reaction to the sampler. It's really great, and has a new mood and energy without sounding like an entirely different band. I think that it's making all of us impatient for the rest of the album. :-)
If Jimmy doesn’t want to put out the songs he picked for the record, that’s fine. And if he had to mix a new selection of songs, that would be okay I guess. But what’s isn’t really okay is to spend several months picking the songs. I mean spending one month picking the tracks is a pretty long process, but half a year?

They’ve always had good reason for delaying albums in the past, and usually it has been out of Jimmy’s hands, which is why I feel like there MUST be more behind it than just track selection.

But if it’s for example “world events”, then we’re gonna have to wait a long time because the world doesn’t wait for Jimmy to release an album.
So, just curious if anyone has heard anything about the release of the new album. Been so long and not a peep!
someone who attended the show on February 1st, or will be attending 1 of the upcoming shows over the next few weeks should ask him and come here. Or even just post something on Social Media.

I know I would, at least write a review in my blog and include anything given.

I wonder if there's a lot of potential music for it, and thus maybe we could see either 2 albums or a new Ours and new Jimmy record in a short window of time.

But then again, Jimmy seems to write and even record songs and often not release them, ever. So the long amount of time may not mean anything as far as quantity.
trailer for the tour

&feature=youtu.be

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zoe released an album blasko66 0 287 11-16-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  Singles, Album, Tour SoundscapeMN 5 994 10-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
Bug New album - dumb question delight 2 985 01-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: delight
  Listening Party (for the new album) in early 2016 SoundscapeMN 4 1,155 06-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Last Post: northstar80
  New solo album in the works jade 35 3,400 08-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Last Post: HOURS
  Favorite to date? Xxtayce 9 1,080 07-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Last Post: eveofabyss
  Pledge Music : New Album ! silke 387 75,948 03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Last Post: starlit
  album release party - may 14 jmwood42 1 794 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Thought about the upcoming album luciddream71 6 959 02-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Xxtayce
  Who should produce Ours' next album? northstar80 15 1,654 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: northstar80