Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Album Name and Release Date!
patience is a virtue?

I was trying to think of a band whose had success with a label, without losing the rights (masters) to their music.

The Dear Hunter and Foals came to mind, although in the case of Foals, I'm not sure. I thought they were on Rough Trade, and maybe their deal doesn't cause them to lose rights to their masters.

The Dear Hunter I'm sure have them as that is why they have their own label, and somehow have had success.

I'm not sure if Ballet the Boxer received the amount of promotion, attention and just reached as many people as Jimmy is used to (assumed it would).

I hate to say it, but if these new albums are going to get heard, it's going to have to be on Spotify and the other streaming services, as much as those services suck and don't pay the artists anything, it likely would lead to more demand for them to be bought both digital and physical formats as well.
Sippe Wrote:Here you go:

Thanks for that. It was nice to see and hear his explanations.

I do wonder though why this kind of information (his plans for release, updates, and changes) isn't being announced in a more official capacity. Just going off the standards of how projects (especially crowdfunded projects) work now, I feel like keeping the people who have pre-ordered/pledged updated and clued in should be more of a priority. Getting pertinent news like this through the grapevine and rumor-mill instead of official correspondence just feels kinda...unthinking. (I realize that's nothing new here and I'm probably being petty, but still. It'd be nice to still feel considered and factored in.)

As far as releasing music and keeping rights, I wonder why he isn't considering Bandcamp. Of course, he'd still have to finance printing and distribution himself (pre-order funds?), but as far as a means of releasing music that doesn't necessitate giving away one's rights to it, it seems like the simplest, most tried-and-true method.
eveofabyss Wrote:I do wonder though why this kind of information (his plans for release, updates, and changes) isn't being announced in a more official capacity. Just going off the standards of how projects (especially crowdfunded projects) work now, I feel like keeping the people who have pre-ordered/pledged updated and clued in should be more of a priority. Getting pertinent news like this through the grapevine and rumor-mill instead of official correspondence just feels kinda...unthinking. (I realize that's nothing new here and I'm probably being petty, but still. It'd be nice to still feel considered and factored in.)

Yeah, I feel that. A mass email would be nice. I don't know who runs the site, social media, email list, etc. I know Ours isn't a large operation but shooting off an email probably takes less time than updating a site.
eveofabyss Wrote:I'm probably being petty...

You're not being petty.

Jimmy's personal website used to have a journal section that I enjoyed reading (he only wrote in it a handful of times, but it was cool). It's been taken down, which is a damn shame. I wish that was still there. It would be a lovely way to communicate with (and keep) fans. His YouTube has less than 2,000 subscribers, which seems just incredible to me.
I guess at this point, I'll be happy if Spectacular Sight is released before the end of the year.
From a post on Jimmy’s Instagram about a week ago:

Just a quick update...In a few weeks I will be releasing a solo record with songs that didn’t feel like they belonged on the Ours records. We are planning to release two Ours records in 2019, but I’m not exactly sure of the dates yet. The solo record will be a gift to anyone who has already pre-ordered the Ours record and will be available for everyone else to buy. Stay tuned for details and as always, remember I love you.
Sippe Wrote:Here you go:

Thanks for this, Sippe!

I had totally forgotten that an Ours album was due any month now, so a few more months won't matter much in the grand scheme of things. Looking forward to some of the JG solo songs to tide us over until the new year!
I actually finally signed up to Instagram to follow Jimmy, lol.
So in early September he announces a solo record in two weeks, here we are in November... thanks Jimmy, you definitely are consistent.
I love his body of work and I know I may sound rude but he is his own worst enemy. I understand its hard to woek and be a musician but this album has changed dates many times. Its hard to get excited.

Part 2 New Age Heroine...Next Week

just posted a long thing in my blog about it thanks for passing the link there.

It would help to have something official posted on 1 or more of the Social Media sites or his website, but maybe that is pending but about to go up.

Maybe Friday November 16th it'll both be announced and come out?
https://www.spectacularsight.net
Woo-hoo!
Well, it sounds fantastic to me.
Ooo. . . free new music.
Thank you for your patience with Spectacular Sight. We are releasing part II: New Age Heroine of this 3 part record cycle this week and as a sign of our appreciation, we want you to have it for free.

It will be coming to your email this week. For anyone else interested in buying the record, it will be available on iTunes.

Spectacular Sight will be delivered in early 2019.

Much love to you,
Ours
"Coming this week"...

nothing in my inbox yet today, but we'll see.

Maybe it'll show up at 11:59PM Saturday night? lol.
*looks at watch*
*twiddles thumbs*
*taps foot*

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zoe released an album blasko66 0 287 11-16-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  Singles, Album, Tour SoundscapeMN 5 994 10-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
Bug New album - dumb question delight 2 985 01-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: delight
  Listening Party (for the new album) in early 2016 SoundscapeMN 4 1,155 06-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Last Post: northstar80
  New solo album in the works jade 35 3,400 08-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Last Post: HOURS
  Favorite to date? Xxtayce 9 1,080 07-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Last Post: eveofabyss
  Pledge Music : New Album ! silke 387 75,948 03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Last Post: starlit
  album release party - may 14 jmwood42 1 794 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Thought about the upcoming album luciddream71 6 959 02-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Xxtayce
  Who should produce Ours' next album? northstar80 15 1,654 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: northstar80