Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy singing in a commercial?
So there I was. Watching the Jeff Corwin experience, minding my own business, and all of the sudden a commercial for Kohl's department store comes on. Young people walking around in the sun, wearing clothes and stuff, with this music playing in the background. It didn't hit me right away, but by the end of it, I was sure it was Jimmy Gnecco singing.

I have no idea what the song was. I am pretty sure it is not among any of the new songs I have heard live versions of. I watched Animal Planet for another hour to see if it would air again, but it did not.

I even emailed Kohl's corporate help desk, and the lady told me it was a back to school commercial and the song was "She Blinded Me With Science" recorded by studio musicians, not available for sale yet. She is definitely talking about another commercial. I would recognize that song, unless it sounds nothing at all like the original.

So...yeah. I am curious if anyone knows anything. I suppose it is possible that I am mistaken, but if I am then this guy sounds exactly like Jimmy.
Huh
Yeah. Jimmy does jingles in his spare.
I have known about it for a bit, but i promised to keep his secret.
Secret.
He did a jingle for that too, "made for a woman, but i want to be a sweaty man"
something, i dont know.
Once, when i was in Atlanta for a show, Jimmy suprised me by asking me if i wanted cheese on that at the burger world.
I told him that he never stoped amazing and inspiring me.
What a fucking misfit!  he is a crazy knuckle head at least....and woweeeee, he looked dead sexy in that uniform with a hair net!
Keep out an eye.....when Jims isen't doing the musak thang, he is bound to show up anyplace..."WHERES JIMMY?"
I've heard about it, never seen the commerical though.
You can not be serious! really? kohls?
Did he really? ....haha?
Hmmm...

Add that to the list of things I did NOT see coming.

Now I gotta hear it...
I think that's something NO ONE saw coming hahahah... is this suppose to be funny? cause I find it to be
someone should put it up on youtube.

Kyle
yes! someone should, put that on utube, I've seen some new Kohl's commercials, but I think their cloths are dorky so I never paid attention to the song, I guess I'll have to give that a closer listen. Hell I still have the Ralley's rap cat stuck in my head, it would have to be better than that! but for real is it really him!, I know he thought about doing one for American Express, but change his mind when advertising does what it dose best. Manipulate, distort the truth, rape you of everything and leaving you an empty shell sort of stuff! did I mention I work in advertisitng
Kohls

I just watched the commercial.

Insane.
Wow it is him.
Big country!
Well, it is tasteful, i guess?
He has such a great voice.
I am in shock.
real shock. but hey, they did not ask me to sing it, they asked him, so i guess he is still doing better than me.
lol
I am going to Kohls......l like the clothes, sorry snowden.
sleezy tops at a sleezy price. whatever size your country is!
thanks for posting, Oh my God I've seen that a hundred times and never put it together, the song is originally from a group in Canada I think, back in the 80s, I always like that song.
"I am going to Kohls......l like the clothes, sorry snowden.
sleezy tops at a sleezy price. whatever size your country is!"

hahahaha. ya know what! I'm going to go there tonight and buy me something sleezy too! and some new shoes!!!!!!

I've played it like nine times for my friends here at work, I'm sure he's loving this. God Love Jimmy, if they would have ask me to do it I would have in a heart beat! and it's still better that the rap cat!

Aha! Wow.

I am so glad you found it. I watched it like 10 times already. I can't get over it.
am I the only one that thinks it isn't Jimmy Gnecco?
there is no mistaking it -- that's jimmy. i think it is hysterical to hear his voice over those images...but good for him. making a little money never hurt anyone. personally, i'd like to hear the whole track...the original is by moe. i think.
it's "big country" by the band "big counrty", a friend just told me that, and I wasnt sure that the name of the song and the name of the band was one in the same but they are, and yeah stars2099, I was thinking the same thing untill I heard it, and it has to be him, know can sound like that but him.
wow, that's wild!
That kinda does sound like him, and well, kinda doesn't. if it is, hahahahahah I don't know why I find that to be so funny...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jimmy talks about EACH song on the record Fiasco! 35 6,394 11-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  new song featuring jimmy on lead vocals starlit 2 992 03-26-2016, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  Jimmy Gnecco or OURS HOURS 2 958 10-16-2015, 04:58 AM
Last Post: HOURS
  happy happy BELATED bday jimmy!!! starlit 0 636 10-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Last Post: starlit
  happy happy birthday jimmy! starlit 5 946 10-17-2014, 05:41 AM
Last Post: jade
  happy birthday jimmy! starlit 1 622 12-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Hannah
  Sudden Madness feat Jimmy Kosh_ap 2 1,247 09-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Xxtayce
  Jimmy on Metal Gear Rising Soundtrack Black 8 952 03-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tokyorca
  Blabbermouth article: Jimmy possibly working with Velvet Revolver Sinistas 34 4,817 05-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Last Post: travokashmamo
  Jimmy Gnecco & Dave Milone in NYC BillieJoNJ 1 798 04-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Last Post: starlit