Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy singing in a commercial?
Fiasco! Wrote:
Stars Die Wrote:
Zazabar Wrote:omfg i work at kohls and i hear that god damn song all the time. They played it 5 times within a 6 hour period! WAI DOES THEM PLAYS TEH MUZIK 2 MUCHSZ!!!!! Sad i want to take jimmy nackoe and show him some apt 9. BECAUSE OMG LO!L:devil::tweetums::thumbdown::thumbup:

Dude, wtf.

Idiocy FTW overhere... ^

People get uptight when others post seriously (when they express strong opinions against the commercial), and so now people joke about it to lighten up the tension/mood, and still people have a problem with that.

This thread, in my opinion, has turned from a long discussion into something that's sort of... a mockery. What I mean is, the initial shock has worn, and the only thing left to do is to just be silly about it and amuse ourselves because almost every point has been beaten down to the ground.

So, I guess this is really to say - I didn't delete anything here because I felt it would be unfair, the last page of this thread is mostly light hearted. I don't think it's fair to call this user a troll (yet) because it wasn't spam and is clearly part of the humor to the thread.

[/my reasoning for not taking moderator action, hope that's clear] Smile

If you guys seriously want to get this thread back on topic, that's no problem. But it isnt like we have much to talk about these days (wait until someone asks Jimmy about it at Maxwells or about the CD! oh boy!)

Yeah... sorry.. Not in the best mood at the time. ^_^
And I felt like using "FTW". Confusedmile2:
Well it was confirmed the other night at Maxwell's. It is 100% him in the Kohls commercial. AND he said school for 2 kids is expensive.
Valid excuse in my book... More power to the man.
I couldn't agree more. Yet when I made my original post it was frowned upon that I could even think he would do something like that. The man has to support his family and it was so disrespectful to him that people were calling him a sellout. As an artist that is probably a hurtful thing to hear. AND that is the point I was trying to make in the first place. I wasn't trying to stir up the board.
I've always said let the man do what he has to, and when the record DOES arrive, that will mean that Jimmy is satisfied with the way the record sounds, and we know the product of what happened last time Jimmy was satisfied with a record... Distorted Lullabies. In my opinion the greatest collection of songs ever issued. So don't you think we should just relax, and let the man create on his own terms? With all this rushing, you're all no better than the label was with Precious, IMHO.
I couldn't have said it better myself, Darren.
whocares Wrote:I couldn't have said it better myself, Darren.

Do I know you, or did you just get my name from the board? I'm usually not so good with words... I'm pretty proud of that post. :clap:

:thumbup:
No, your name is in your post, at the bottom. lol
Stars Die Wrote:I've always said let the man do what he has to, and when the record DOES arrive, that will mean that Jimmy is satisfied with the way the record sounds, and we know the product of what happened last time Jimmy was satisfied with a record... Distorted Lullabies. In my opinion the greatest collection of songs ever issued. So don't you think we should just relax, and let the man create on his own terms? With all this rushing, you're all no better than the label was with Precious, IMHO.

well said, man :grin::clap::grin:
Stars Die Wrote:I've always said let the man do what he has to, and when the record DOES arrive, that will mean that Jimmy is satisfied with the way the record sounds, and we know the product of what happened last time Jimmy was satisfied with a record... Distorted Lullabies. In my opinion the greatest collection of songs ever issued. So don't you think we should just relax, and let the man create on his own terms? With all this rushing, you're all no better than the label was with Precious, IMHO.

Maybe I have my story mixed up, but I thought Jimmy was unhappy with Distorted Lullabies and the acoustic EP that accompanied its release represented more of what he had originally intended.

Also, I was under the impression that Precious came out so quickly because it was born out of the problems Jimmy had with Distorted Lullabies-- that it was overwrought and the finished product ended up too far from the original idea. Precious was supposed to be looser and more stripped down. They went in and made something raw. No? I could have read that somewhere...or I could have dreamed it up. Both are equally probable.

Jimmy is my favorite male rock singer. Ever. I like him more than Robert Plant, even. But to say that Distorted Lullabies is the greatest collection of songs is a little bit of a stretch for me.

4 years is a relatively long time between records for a band, no matter how you look at it. It is natural to wish your favorite bands to be more prolific (damn you, Tool), but I am not angry about it. As far as I am concerned Jimmy can do what the hell he wants (including singing in commercials), as long as he doesn't quit singing altogether. Honestly, the live recordings over the past few years have kept me satisfied, but I can see why people would be fidgeting. I don't think they are worse than the label at all.

Hope I don't sound too argumentative. I am not attacking you or anything, just fueling discussion :thumbup:
whocares Wrote:No, your name is in your post, at the bottom. lol
I can be very aware sometimes... :-P

whocares Wrote:Maybe I have my story mixed up, but I thought Jimmy was unhappy with Distorted Lullabies and the acoustic EP that accompanied its release represented more of what he had originally intended.
You could very well be right, but I always thought Jimmy was unhappy with being rushed as a whole on Precious. The aspect of Precious being raw is from the bio written around the time of Precious's release, if I'm not mistaken.

whocares Wrote:Hope I don't sound too argumentative. I am not attacking you or anything, just fueling discussion
For the record you don't sound argumentative at all... I, too, am simply trying to move things along.

whocares Wrote:I can see why people would be fidgeting. I don't think they are worse than the label at all.
I wasn't attacking the entire fanbase, just those of you who are threatening to stop supporting Jimmy and Ours if the album isn't out by such and such a date. By saying that, you're essentially saying "Give this to me now, or I'll stop being your friend." Sort of childish... As I said before... Give the man ample time to create. If the record was to be released tomorrow, and Jimmy woke up that day with the greatest ideas for changes to each song, and ended up not being able to record them, wouldn't you be a bit disappointed? I for one am content to let the creator create. If he has things to do other than music, say make time for family, friends, etc... let him! He's human, after all. He can't focus on Ours 24/7/365... He'd go insane, as would any of us if we had to be "at work" for that amount of time. Granted, I know nothing of Jimmy's personal life beyond when I've spoken to him at shows, but there must be times when he doesn't feel up to music. I'm ending this now, based on the fact that I tend to ramble.
My thing is this...
He wasn't 100% satisfied with DL. Hence the re-recording of "Drowning" (which is certainly more raw) and "Meet Me In The Tower" (versions 1-14 jkConfusedmile2: ).
I think there is at least one more song on there he wishes he could re-record too (i wanna say "Dizzy?")
I really believe someone has to oversee him to let him deliver us his babies.
Some of the greatest artist are unknown because they never shared their works. It is a shame. Jimmy HAS shared the sketches and outlines for the next album. The songs are fantastic and in the end we want to hear the final masterpiece.
My problem has always been the "it'll be out soon" line, Not the music.
KillTheBand Wrote:http://www.kohls.com/media/images/flash/movieplayer.swf

Hopefully someone can find a way to download//convert this to .avi/put it on youtube.  Any takers?

http://www.kohls.com/media/images/flash/movieplayer.swf

Wow, I can't believe this link still works.

Just remembered about this cover.
I think it's on kohl's official youtube as well. I remember posting the link somewhere around here.....

Okay, it's not on their official youtube, it's @ http://m.youtube.com/?errmsg=INVALID_STA...ption%2011&rdm=4nwschyyg&reload=5#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DO75MCxlP7kM&v=O75MCxlP7kM&gl=US

I hope that works... I'm on my phone. It's on pg 2 of random media thread.
Here is the youtube link:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jimmy talks about EACH song on the record Fiasco! 35 6,394 11-22-2016, 07:35 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  new song featuring jimmy on lead vocals starlit 2 992 03-26-2016, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  Jimmy Gnecco or OURS HOURS 2 958 10-16-2015, 04:58 AM
Last Post: HOURS
  happy happy BELATED bday jimmy!!! starlit 0 636 10-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Last Post: starlit
  happy happy birthday jimmy! starlit 5 946 10-17-2014, 05:41 AM
Last Post: jade
  happy birthday jimmy! starlit 1 622 12-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Hannah
  Sudden Madness feat Jimmy Kosh_ap 2 1,247 09-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Xxtayce
  Jimmy on Metal Gear Rising Soundtrack Black 8 952 03-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tokyorca
  Blabbermouth article: Jimmy possibly working with Velvet Revolver Sinistas 34 4,817 05-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Last Post: travokashmamo
  Jimmy Gnecco & Dave Milone in NYC BillieJoNJ 1 798 04-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Last Post: starlit