Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
omg. . . sampler!!!
Me too.  It's them, but fresh!  I was at the listening party, and it all sounds so amazing.  It sounds BIG, if that makes any sense.

It's imperative that we support them now.  As much as we can.  They need us more than ever.
I concur fully. This has the big sound and energy of distorted lullabies which was an awe inspiring slap in the face back in 2001. I was but a tiny lad lol.
I don't hear bad quality either. These songs are excellent (and the reference to "I'm a Monster" delighted the fuck out of me).

And this is Ours. This band has been bringing beauty to my life for over ten years, all at extremely reasonable prices and quite a bit of it free: numerous versions of singles like "Devil," allowing recordings of shows. I wouldn't care if every new album they release is the quality of pre-flac Sour. I'll pay full price and listen with joy.
I totally agree. I mean look, I'm a sucker for perfection and the quality of distorted lullabies is absolute. Nevertheless, I know this record is going to be fantastic even if it's the same vintage sounding production as Ballet the Boxer.
I believe people when they say that they hear dips in quality or subtle flaws, and I damn sure don't think anyone should be dog-piled for constructive, respectful criticism (none of what I've said is directed toward you, Sippe!). Hell, I'm the same way when it comes to movie adaptations of books. Nobody wanted to be around me when the Lord of the Rings films came out.

I remember when some here were unhappy with Mercy's production, and I get it, but I neither noticed nor cared. Ballet the Boxer surprised the hell out of me, but eventually, I was like, "This is how they want it to sound." And that was that.

Live Ours is great.
Label-Produced Ours is great.
Indie-Produced Ours is great.
Demo-sounding Ours is great.

It's Jimmy's voice and lyrics, Static's guitar, and April's keyboards that make the band for me. Everything else is icing.
jade Wrote:Live Ours is great.
Label-Produced Ours is great.
Indie-Produced Ours is great.
Demo-sounding Ours is great.

It's Jimmy's voice and lyrics, Static's guitar, and April's keyboards that make the band for me. Everything else is icing.

YES.
And now we can get a physical copy for free with NEW MERCH!
Nice! I've been listening to the songs non-stop. This album needs to come out already...Smile
Which three songs were released? Can anyone share the love?
The three songs in the sampler are "Slipping Away", "Don't Lose Yourself", and "Across the Clouds". I don't know if it's cool to share though, since it's technically part of an official album (I thought I saw that as one of the forum no-nos, but if not, I'd be glad to).
I'm leery of sharing too, since the way I read the email, the band's intention was that it go only to black card holders or those who've pre-ordered the album.
jade Wrote:I'm leery of sharing too, since the way I read the email, the band's intention was that it go only to black card holders or those who've pre-ordered the album.

They were handing them out at their 'record release' show which wasn't black card exclusive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Secure, Lossless EAC Flac rip of the 3 Song Tour Sampler jlatham 0 631 11-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  Download the 3-song sampler Britney Shears 28 4,973 11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Last Post: inn