Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

omg. . . sampler!!!
Firelight

Group: Registered
RE: omg. . . sampler!!!

Me too.  It's them, but fresh!  I was at the listening party, and it all sounds so amazing.  It sounds BIG, if that makes any sense.

It's imperative that we support them now.  As much as we can.  They need us more than ever.

Here is the light...
Let it burn and burn...

This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 06:00 PM by Firelight.

06-26-2017 05:58 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
luciddream71

I concur fully. This has the big sound and energy of distorted lullabies which was an awe inspiring slap in the face back in 2001. I was but a tiny lad lol.

06-27-2017 11:40 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
jade

I don't hear bad quality either. These songs are excellent (and the reference to "I'm a Monster" delighted the fuck out of me).

And this is Ours. This band has been bringing beauty to my life for over ten years, all at extremely reasonable prices and quite a bit of it free: numerous versions of singles like "Devil," allowing recordings of shows. I wouldn't care if every new album they release is the quality of pre-flac Sour. I'll pay full price and listen with joy.

06-27-2017 02:36 PM
luciddream71

I totally agree. I mean look, I'm a sucker for perfection and the quality of distorted lullabies is absolute. Nevertheless, I know this record is going to be fantastic even if it's the same vintage sounding production as Ballet the Boxer.

06-27-2017 05:01 PM
jade

I believe people when they say that they hear dips in quality or subtle flaws, and I damn sure don't think anyone should be dog-piled for constructive, respectful criticism (none of what I've said is directed toward you, Sippe!). Hell, I'm the same way when it comes to movie adaptations of books. Nobody wanted to be around me when the Lord of the Rings films came out.

I remember when some here were unhappy with Mercy's production, and I get it, but I neither noticed nor cared. Ballet the Boxer surprised the hell out of me, but eventually, I was like, "This is how they want it to sound." And that was that.

Live Ours is great.
Label-Produced Ours is great.
Indie-Produced Ours is great.
Demo-sounding Ours is great.

It's Jimmy's voice and lyrics, Static's guitar, and April's keyboards that make the band for me. Everything else is icing.

06-28-2017 06:16 AM
eveofabyss

RE:  omg. . . sampler!!!

jade Wrote:

Live Ours is great.
Label-Produced Ours is great.
Indie-Produced Ours is great.
Demo-sounding Ours is great.

It's Jimmy's voice and lyrics, Static's guitar, and April's keyboards that make the band for me. Everything else is icing.

YES.

06-28-2017 06:26 PM
blasko66

And now we can get a physical copy for free with NEW MERCH!

06-29-2017 02:11 PM
luciddream71

Nice! I've been listening to the songs non-stop. This album needs to come out already...:)

06-29-2017 05:55 PM
jlatham
Light My Way

Which three songs were released? Can anyone share the love?

-John

06-30-2017 05:56 PM
eveofabyss

The three songs in the sampler are "Slipping Away", "Don't Lose Yourself", and "Across the Clouds". I don't know if it's cool to share though, since it's technically part of an official album (I thought I saw that as one of the forum no-nos, but if not, I'd be glad to).

07-02-2017 07:02 AM
jade

I'm leery of sharing too, since the way I read the email, the band's intention was that it go only to black card holders or those who've pre-ordered the album.

07-02-2017 10:47 AM
Nine
Flawed, So Fatal

RE:  omg. . . sampler!!!

jade Wrote:

I'm leery of sharing too, since the way I read the email, the band's intention was that it go only to black card holders or those who've pre-ordered the album.

They were handing them out at their 'record release' show which wasn't black card exclusive.

"The person you're trying to reach is no longer here"

07-05-2017 11:59 AM
northstar80
Distant Sun

I haven't listened to my three-song sampler yet, but I did have the privilege to hear some of the new recordings back in February at the listening party, and they sounded great.  Not sure which ones will make the cut for the album, though, aside from the three on the sampler.  If I recall correctly, several dozen were recorded.

This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 06:51 PM by northstar80.

08-09-2017 06:46 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: