Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OCTOBER 27 @ MAXWELL'S IN HOBOKEN
jimmy will be performing a solo acoustic show at maxwell's in hoboken on october 27th... this show will be an early show... doors @ 7pm, show at 7:30pm... jimmy will be performing songs rarely heard at full-band shows... get your tickets at ticketweb.com... i'll post info on the official site, but for some reason the ftp seems to be down at the moment...

thanks...

oursmanagement@yahoo.com
:thumbup:
Thanks Liad! :clap: I will do ANYTHING to get there, since missing this time for Maxwell's will be 3 times I have been denied an Ours show at the last minute. :mad:
what is it with the 27th?
that's the 4th band i've had to make up my mind about on that date.

already bought tix to 30stm in nyc.
fuck.
Nine Wrote:what is it with the 27th?
that's the 4th band i've had to make up my mind about on that date.

already bought tix to 30stm in nyc.
fuck.
think you could see this show (since its an early show) and head over to 30stm a little late?
Oh the dilemma, Nine, while I set down here in Cow Pie Kentucky, getting older by the hours or is that Ours! maybe if I start walking now....

probably could make it work, but im going with someone and i wouldn't do that to them. they really want to see 30stm.
i've seen both bands a million x so i could go either way, but it is what it is.

people better share their vids for this show.
Someone please record this show! I am stuck in cow-town Ohio darnit.
cow town texasCry
Confusedad2:I'd give my left arm to be there, but Friday nights just aren't good unless one can get time off work or one lives close enough so that travel time is negligible. To all those who fall into one of those categories, consider yourselves truly fortunate!
I will be in Arkansas that weekend.
not that i would be able to get to the show anyhow, i just felt left out.

Have a good time. maybe the venue is near a Kohls. you can have a pre-show get together on isle 4

I'm planning on going so I'll try to get some songs on tape, but my camera only has room for about 20 minutes, so i can probably only get 4 songs. Better than nothing though.
Finally!!! I just bought my tix. I was thinking about a road trip soon anyway -- perfect excuse!
flyingmachine Wrote:I'm planning on going so I'll  try to get some songs on tape, but my camera only has room for about 20 minutes, so i can probably only get 4 songs. Better than nothing though.

yes. very true.

i guess just wait for the obscure or new ones.
JustinIan Wrote:"I Realize someone already typed this but
SOMEONE PLEASE RECORD THIS SHOW, OR SOMEONE OR EVERYONE E-MAIL oursmanagement AT oursmanagement@yahoo.com
and ask them to please find someone, anyone to record this show and post it at killtheband.com/downloads.htm
at the very least they can try and satisfy some music lovers for now being that we have to wait so long for the album, Please, pretty please, compromise, for the admires that are so excited and disappointed that the album isn't out yet that some of them are sharing false stories in the RE: Jimmy singing in a commercial? Thread in hope to get some kind of answers to what is really going on since we can't seem to find any news anywhere, So they make up their own news so to have Justification for this"

Anyways byebye

It is highly unfair to beg Ours' management to find someone to bootleg a show. I mean, the fact that Ours allows shows to be recorded is a privilege that not many artists allow, and through the years we have been fortunate enough to have tapers at the shows and willing to edit and share their recordings. So although it's been a bit disappointing to not have many recordings of new shows, lets not get too greedy or spoiled, and cross our fingers people will be able to tape the show Smile
JustinIan- You are downright obnoxious.
To back up Hayley - Recorded shows have always been a privelege. Just because people haven't been recording shows as of late, doesn't give anyone a right to complain. I'm willing to wait... as long as it takes. Just so long as Jimmy and the band keep gracing our ears with incredible music, I'll have nothing to complain about.
JustinIan Wrote:ha, greedy, spoiled, you're right we're spoiled to have not had an album out for 4 years, and it's down right unfair to ask oursmanagement to find someone to record the show, oursmanagement is just way to busy promoting a new album and Giving the Ours Website a reasonable Update, Your Right, hahaahha, Sarcasm is beautiful.

quick grammar lesson - "You're" is the combination of "you + are", please learn to use it, especially when throwing a bit of a fit. Makes posts easier to read and more respectable - though we all tend to make mistakes like that from time to time. I'm just fortunate no one here has taken a liking to exclusively typing "ur".

Don't twist what I said about recordings into other, irrelevant topics - Liad's job, the length of the recording process, the website etc.

Liad, Ours' manager has done a hell of a lot more for Ours' fans than I've seen any managers of other bands - bands both bigger and smaller than Ours. Hey, we know his email address and he has consistently been posting on these message boards, even through different board changes. He's been providing us RELIABLE news as soon as it available to be released. He has been in contact with many of us whenever we've emailed him about specific things, and he has been a nice guy - definitely not deserving of ANY sort of complaints or attacks.

Secondly, it is unfair to ask anyone, whether they are a band's manager or not, to FIND SOMEONE ELSE to record a show. It's delegating a responsbility that is optional... it's like me knocking on someone's door down the hall of my dorm and asking them to buy me lunch and bring it back to my room - it's just rude, and uncalled for. I'll say this again - we are priveleged (even though I cant spell the word Wink ) to be allowed to record or take photographs in the first place. there has been MANY times where Liad has helped people to record the shows - gave special permission when needed, help to the sound board i believe, and permission to release recordings.

As far as the record taking 3-4 years - that has nothing to do with the management, it's Jimmy, the band and the label's workings. CDs take a long time to make if you want them to be quality and whatever legal and technical reasons. I am patient, the many recordings that people have been generous enough to record, edit and post have kept me held over in my Ours cravings, I'd rather wait for Jimmy and the crew to finish this record and have them be 100% happy with it, and tour for a couple years months, however long, and know that they are backing up a CD without any regrets than to have them to release a CD the rushed to finish on a deadline.

Sarcasm is great, when used properly in an amusing or entertaining fashion, not when being stupid.
I have recording equipment (minidisc and microphone). Email me at killtheband@gmail.com if you're interested in recording the show. Acoustic shows are far easier to record, so there's a good chance that the recording will come out fine (even if you don't know what you're doing).
I'll be taking some videos, I think my camera holds something like 20 minutes of video time. Can someone tape the first half of the set and I'll get the rest? Would be cool if we could get the entire set.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  october show! round 3? starlit 7 1,028 10-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Last Post: starlit
  Maxwell's 12.19.10 SarahBeth 33 4,869 01-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  New York City - Don Hill's October 2, 2010 digenger 19 2,968 11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
  London Pics 19/20 October redjez 12 1,302 10-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Last Post: SusanQ
  Summer Tour w/Blue October Kathilyn 44 6,566 08-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Formica Linoleum
  Maxwell's 4/20/2009 moookabmoc 60 8,934 05-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Last Post: drkdglr13
  Need Tickets for the Austin show w/Blue October...? TheFallenSoul 6 716 04-11-2009, 02:33 PM
  Maxwells--Hoboken March 25 flowergirl11 19 2,783 03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Last Post: starlit
  how was that maxwell show, anybody? lsnowden 14 1,541 03-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Last Post: lsnowden
  maxwell's on the 18th & 25th chriskin.sun 6 905 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Last Post: chriskin.sun