Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "Non-Ours" Sub-Forum
Dunno if it's too big a deal, but on a lot of forums there are separate forums to chat about all other things/music..I mean unless you made one "General Chat" forum instead.

It would be cool to talk about other favorite bands I guess more often here. Seems it's like 99% Ours discussion..which I mean it should be mostly chat about them..but it would be nice have a dedicated area to talk about other bands..as I listen to tons of other bands besides Ours and I would guess other Ours fans do too.

Kyle
I'd agree here, but it's totally up to teh admin... (seems he doesn't want his name here...)
back when the ezboard was being set up and I had just became a mod there I had asked about having a general chat forum to keep off topic stuff out of the Ours Discussion forum... but the way it was - with ours discussion and general discussion (which wasnt posted too often) worked out. I think general discussion forums usually build communities - helps to make people come here to socialize and chat about the band, so if you guys want it and the admin sees it fit, i dont have any objections Smile
Rad. Maybe now we can consolidate some of the other forums?

maybe Pictures or Recordings can be incorporated into the Shows forum.
good idea. I'll mix pics & shows
Hopefully I don't have to make a separate thread for this..

I'll suggest this, and I highly recommend you at least take it into consideration.
I understand that this is an Ours fansite, but the official Ours site really isn't much of a site. I think it's fair to say that this is more of a proper site than the official one.

My suggestion (and I'm borrowing most of this from the Thrice messageboard, which was a very successful community indeed) would be to set up one, all-inclusive Ours forum, to discuss everything Ours.
Next, a Music/Art/Literature/Movies forum, for those very things.
Then, an issues forum, where everyone can discuss religion, politics, and so on.
Following that, a Miscellaneous forum, for everything not covered above.
And finally, a site suggestions forum.

Having a bunch of Ours forums, and one general forum, although appropriate maybe for a fan site, is still very restricting.

I wanted to come on here and recommend a band, but it doesn't feel right posting it in the general forum.

Please consider, if it's not too much work. I'm sure it would be worth the effort.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Poetry Forum? thinktwice 12 4,377 05-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Last Post: pathway6