Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KTB in Mozilla Firefox
I know someone once before had mentioned that the left navigation bar does not view properly in firefox as it does in internet explorer (basically instead of being at the top of the page it is centered so you have to scroll far down to view it). I just noticed that the navigation bar views properly in the FAQ page, and varies it's position on all other subpages of killtheband.com. Could this be because it is centering in the middle of the page in mozilla firefox but appearing docked on the top in IE? Is there any way to adjust it so it views the same regardless of the browser being used? I used my IEtab extention in firefox and it appears fine.
Hmm... that helps. I think I have a fix. Thanks.
I've been having this problem again in Firefox.. Just thought I'd let you know.
I've just had a mess about with the page source in Dreamweaver and I got the side menu to line up at the top in Firefox and in Internet Explorer by simply aligning both table cell's contents to the top and clearing both the cells and table's specified height in pixels. I tried it in Nvu too and made it align in the same way, so it should work with any web aurhoring package.

...just don't tell anybody I'm a computer geek...
Thanks.

Unfortunately I'm using FrontPage and it makes the formatting all wacky.  It changes every time I update the page.  Even when everything is top aligned, it stays middle aligned in Firefox.  The only way to fix it is to add blank space at the bottom of the page (which I will do for a temporary fix on a few main pages).  I gotta switch to DreamWeaver.
Try using Nvu - it's totally free and has a very similar layout to Frontpage, but as it's based on Mozilla, it's naturally going to handle Firefox better. It's not quite as good as Dreamweaver, but nothing is and that's why it costs an arm and a leg.

http://www.nvu.com/index.php

Trying to wean myself onto it permanently as I'm gradually going to dump Microsoft and move over to Linux.
Fixed.. Thanks.