Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/21 - Los Angeles @ the Roxy
I clearly remember them doing Black, or at least a song with black in it!
it also had this spoken word like part in the middle which seemed to be about oil and the gov't.
I loved the show last night, the band looked like they were having a great time and were happy to be there. I must agree that the sound wasn't the best but i've heard worse. hopefully they will get their own sound guy or tweak it some more or something. But it didn't really detract that much from the show where i was standing. most of the time the vocals were pretty awesome!!

first time seeing the full band and the full sound was great. Locke cracks me up, he looks kind of funny but he held his own i thought.

Murder was awesome.. most of the new songs were pretty sweet, even the ones i hadn't heard before.

jimmy was a little talkative too. he apologized that it took them 5 years between albums and said that some of the songs really inspired them to work and play music again. the industry is pretty discouraging it seems. he was very thankful to be there, packed house and his voice was spot on!
he also thanked rick rubin, who worked on the album i guess too.
two of the songs that were the most important to them it seemed like were live again (which was played after he talked about rick), and also i ran away to tell the world which he said really got them going again and inspired!

What is Ave Maria? that was pretty unexpected!!!
Chief Wrote:What is Ave Maria? that was pretty unexpected!!!

Ave Maria, I think is an Italian song, but it's a classic song, not an original.

Rick Rubin is Jimmy's friend and produced Dancing for the Death of an Imaginary Enemy Smile
Chief Wrote:I clearly remember them doing Black, or at least a song with black in it!
it also had this spoken word like part in the middle which seemed to be about oil and the gov't.

Yes they did "Black" and it was fucking AMAZING!! I was bummed because my ride had to leave early and missed the last 3 songs, but i got to hear them do "Meet Me In The Tower" my fave Ours song- so I was pretty happy. I can't wait for the new CD I know its gonna be GODLY. BTW- I thought the sound was great- Rick Rubin was there mixing at the soundboard. Jimmy was absolutely incredible... i was near tears during "Live Again". fucking flawless..
numcore Wrote:the band before then are called run run run ... witch i dont think the crowed like them at all... i honeslty seen them 8 times before and i dont think they would of fit ours... but they sell out clubs like mascow and spaceland things like that... i was not inpressed with them this time around... but that said they where alot better then most bands

That band was pretty terrible actually. I wasn't feeling their pseudo-angst radiohead wanna be shoegazer bullshit. Really bad vocals too. Pass.
Run Run Run Away....
I don't like when he does ava maria during the full band shows.. he kinda grinds everything to a halt.

so rick rubin was there? and everyone was saying the sound was horrible..haha. classic.
Chief Wrote:I clearly remember them doing Black, or at least a song with black in it!

Was that black? My mistake then, I hadn't ever heard it and it's not listed on the setlist...I was wondering what that song was when he was doing the government rant.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hotel Cafe, Los Angeles 7/26/10 Jimijam 11 1,468 07-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Jimijam
  The Roxy -12/6/08 - Hollywood neonballroom 64 11,138 12-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Last Post: deadstar
  Roxy Hollywood - 12/6 Chief 0 448 10-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Chief
  7/1/08 The Roxy, West Hollywood, CA Kathilyn 33 4,058 07-10-2008, 06:28 AM
Last Post: splithesky
  Roxy show dissapointment keano 33 6,289 08-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Last Post: JackMartinEF