Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest album news
I will periodically update this page with the latest news about the new album... stay tuned.

02/04/08

Per-Order Mercy...

video: Ours - Live Again

10/18/08

The release date for Ours' third album will be in April 2008 (pre-order from Amazon.com above).  There will be two new videos released soon (Live Again & God Only Wants You).

09/19/07

Ours' third album has been renamed to "Mercy (Dancing for the Death of an Imaginary Enemy)".  It is slated for release in 2008 on American Records / Columbia.

09/16/07

The band is shooting a video with director Michael Maxxis in Edmonton, Alberta this week.  The song for the video will be God Only Wants You.  This is not the first single but rather a promotional video that Maxxis felt strongly about creating.  You can see a behind the scenes video here

A 3-song CD sampler will be distributed for free at the Circa Survive tour shows.  This will showcase the songs as they are meant to sound, not just in crappy myspace quality!

07/04/07

The band is negotiating a deal with the new label.  It will take a while to iron out all of the details, after which they will be given a release date.

03/02/07

Rick Rubin has been hired as the "music czar" of Sony Records, in charge of the creative development of artists on its Columbia and Epic Records labels.  As a result, Jimmy is seriously looking into the possibility of releasing Ours' third album on Columbia Records.

Fiasco! Wrote:02/02/07

The CD, titled "Dancing for the Death of an Imaginary Enemy" does not have a release date yet, but it is finished. The band is waiting for a slot from the record company and that will dictate when the CD is released, when a single will be released etc. There's no news as to what the first single or complete tracklist will be, but in an interview Jimmy said he likes Live Again and would probably want that as a single.

01/06/07
below is a message from jimmy:

A few years and many tears later I'm happy to announce the upcoming release of our third record...
Dancing for the Death of an Imaginary Enemy.
We are very excited, and ready to let it go into the world.
Static, Locke, Race, Pit, and myself kick off our first show in New Jersey on February 3rd.
Thank you for your support, patience, and understanding in our process.
We'll see you soon.

Jimmy Gnecco
-ours.net
:punk:

12/17/06

The album has finally been handed off to the record company.  The expected release date is March 2007.

08/09/06

Here's an update consolidating things that Jimmy mentioned during the last few shows, etc.  No album title or release date yet.  The release date will most likley be in early '07.  The album will be 12 songs and it will clock in at over an hour in length.  Several b-sides were also recorded and though there will not be a pre-album EP released, there may be one later down the line.  The band will tour later this fall.

06/04/06

The album is going to be turned in next week.  After mastering it, Jimmy decided he wanted to tweak a few things on a song or two.  Locke recorded a cello part for it a few days ago and in fact Jimmy is currently working on tweaking things today.  Liad said that the record company has just been floored by what they have heard so far.  As for the month of release, Liad wouldn't speculate... However, I'd say that if it's turned in now, it usually takes the label a few months.  October perhaps?
(thanks moose; thanks liad)

03/23/06

According to several people at recent shows, Jimmy said the album is done.

03/23/06

Just a small update.  Tracks pretty-much confirmed for the album include:  I Ran Away to Tell the World, Lost, Live Again, Saint Down the Hall, Get Up, God Only Wants You, Worst Things Beautiful, Murder, and Mercy.  It should be a pretty rockin' album.  Other tracks that may be on the album are:  Mechanical Lovers.

[font size=1]disclaimer: the band could change their mind at any time about any of these tracks[/font]

The record has not been turned in yet.

01/30/06

some news from the band's manager:

so, as for updates... jimmy is in los angeles right now at the mixing sessions for the record... as of tomorrow, there should be 8 completed mixes... i'm not gonna say how many tracks will be on the record, because that could change, but there will surely be more than 8... once the record is mixed and mastered, we turn it in, and the record company gives us a release date... i promise, as soon as we know it, it will be announced...

as for the website... let me try to explain why it looks the way it does... there is nothing to post up there... we haven't created new art yet, we haven't finalized our marketing stategy, there are no tour dates planned... it's the way it is because we haven't gotten to it yet... obviously, it will be completely revamped with artwork and content from the record packaging, etc... just be patient... there really hasn't been anything going on all this time, so we didn't think posting stuff for the sake of posting it would be effective... as for myspace... hmmm... well, i know that all the labels have myspace people on staff to do that stuff... but again, until we turn in the record, we won't get a team assigned to work on the project... once we do, there will surely be a myspace page, and all the rest of the obvious moves that other bands do... what we are focused on right now is coming up with things that aren't so obvious... developing marketing strategies that might mean a little more, and seem a little more unique... again, please just be patient...

i know you guys have waited a long time for this record... after hearing the first mixes, i can tell you that as a fan of the music, it will be worth the wait...

thanks for your patience and empathy as we get this all rolling... and save some vacation days this summer...  

oursmanagement@yahoo.com

09/08/05

Recording is COMPLETED, save any last minute changes!  The band will be mixing the album in the Fall and they're putting plans together now.  There will be some acoustic tour dates announced soon and they will be the last shows for a while.  After the album is mixed, the guys will be ready for a full-band tour.  Look, what's that!?  Light at the end of the tunnel, that's what.  >D      

06/27/05
They're working on the vocals right now and trying to narrow down the list of people who will mix the album (it's likely not going to be Katis) among other things.  Felipe is no longer with the band (Spinal Tap [image]http://sillysoft.net/forums/images/smiles/smiley_headbanger.gif[/image]) Michael Jerome did most of the drums for the album though and the band is hoping that he'll be available when the band goes on tour.

Definite '06 release, hopefully early in the year.

Management:

"everything is sounding so amazing, it's really
an exciting time..."

"we're kind of looking at this new record as
a fresh start... it's like a rebirth for Ours, and
you'll see what i mean when you hear it... the time
away has forced us to look at this next year as a new
beginning.  there are some extra tracks recorded that
probably won't make the record, not because they
aren't as good as the songs that do make the record,
but they just don't fit into the album as a whole...
perhaps they will come out seperately later down the
road, either as an ep, or something else... but it
depends on so many things..."

a few tour dates will be announced soon.  Just small shows here and there

04/24/05

Management:
"we're expecting all recording to be done in the next 5 or 6 weeks, and by then we will hopefully have a plan for mixing and mastering... i can't really say when the record will come out because it depends on so many factors that are out of our control, but it will take a crunch to get it out this year... it's sounding amazing and we're not going to rush any part of the process... in other words, it will be finished when it's finished... trust me though when i tell you that it will be worth the wait... Smile          "

Ours will most likely play some shows sometime before the end of the year.  They won't know until after the album's release date is set if it's going to be a full-blown tour or not.  It's just too early.
So any idea on when the album is going to be released?
In the fall.
Sad
hopefully, in the fall...hopefully...we've heard that before so don't jinx it :grin:
I am sure it will be worth it.
Anything that is really worth having, is very much worth waiting for  Smile

"Good Things Come To Those Who Wait"

"Patience Is A Virtue"

My guess is once the current Tour dates are over..Jimmy and the label people will start to work on Track order and artwork, etc..sometime maybe around Mid-June..-Early July...and I would think we'll hear about something ..see artwork and whatnot..album release date sometime later Summer..August let's hope.

So in other words..I don't expect to hear much for a few months, not that I wouldn't mind of course Wink

Kyle
I thought that the artwork was done.
You know what would make this chic happy.....ok, happier :thumbup:  would be if we knew a name for the cd!!!!
So, how many drinks do you guys think i need to buy Jim to get him talking?

NEW POLE**
How many drinks will it take to get Jimmy drunk enough to start spilling secrets?

-bottle of jack
-none, he does not smoke, does not drink,what does he do?
i can't wait to hear the studio version of murder/mercy.. it's so epic.
damn they better release this shit soon.
great song choices - but I hope they don't leave the Moth off the new CD Confusedad2:
the moth will be on the new cd...according to locke
I was told maybe  September.    
That would be a nice birthday gift.
:drool:
lukestanleystp Wrote:the moth will be on the new cd...according to locke

Thanks for the info man! I love The Moth...

(I'm the DS fan you met on myspace, my current name is Coma Divine...)
Stars Die Wrote:
lukestanleystp Wrote:the moth will be on the new cd...according to locke

Thanks for the info man! I love The Moth...

(I'm the DS fan you met on myspace, my current name is Coma Divine...)

Awesome :punk: I'm ADDICTED to that song, I can't stop listening to it on repeat. haha, the melody is wonderful at specific points Jimmy's voice is just incredible.
Thanks for the updates!
Thanks for the update, doing a snoopy dance right now!!!!!!!!!

"Locke recorded a cello part for it a few days ago and in fact Jimmy is currently working on tweaking things today. Liad said that the record company has just been floored by what they have heard so far."

OK, so I'll say it again.... Locke brings a huge dynamic array of artistic invention to this band. I can't wait to hear his cello additions.
This CD will not be a 3D or simple 4D recording. Music of course is a 4 dimensional art form, but lots of bands or artists never figure out how to manipulate it artistically. There is, however, a rare level of performance (live as well as recorded) at which time the listener can get caught in the 4D timeline (kinda like the sensation of watching yourself watch something, but let's not get all trippy right now), and that series of moments is the experience I find in lots of the new things Ours is bringing to us currently. Their collective talents will make this CD a huge leap in the direction I think Jimmy has been trying to go.
OK, I'm on my second cup of coffee. I think y'all know what I'm rambling about. It goes beyond a wall of music......Hey, I'm just a pirate, what do I know anyway?

haha, certainly.

I understand at least part of what you mean, and I definitely agree - especially about Locke and all that he brings to the band. I think Jimmy's been working with a bunch of talented musicians, and if these songs can blow us away live, I cannot even imagine what they will sound like recorded - I know that usually is said in reverse, but you can't underestimate the band !
wait, so the album still hasn't been turned in? Confusedhock: There's striving for perfection and then there's being OCD about it...this shit isn't coming out this year I'm willing to wager.
so spaz what do we wager?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zoe released an album blasko66 0 287 11-16-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: blasko66
  Singles, Album, Tour SoundscapeMN 5 994 10-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  New Album Name and Release Date! eveofabyss 124 13,259 12-31-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: jlatham
Bug New album - dumb question delight 2 985 01-29-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: delight
  Listening Party (for the new album) in early 2016 SoundscapeMN 4 1,155 06-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Last Post: northstar80
  New solo album in the works jade 35 3,400 08-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Last Post: HOURS
  Pledge Music : New Album ! silke 387 75,948 03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Last Post: starlit
  album release party - may 14 jmwood42 1 794 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Thought about the upcoming album luciddream71 6 959 02-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Xxtayce
  Who should produce Ours' next album? northstar80 15 1,654 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: northstar80