Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Radiohead Album!!!
coming soon!!!! :grin:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/ne...aaaaaaahhh
bvjl;ghfikp;'hikh;lngfl;'jkl'hghjmnkl'j~!!I!
I thought we'd have to wait 'til March 2008!!!! FUCK YES. Oh my god.
Jesus, I am going craaaaazy!!!! :clap:

Go HERE to see Jonny's post, or HERE for more details from At Ease :detective:

To those who know the new songs, do you think the album title (In Rainbows) has any relation to the song Videotape?

(This is one for the good days
And I have it all here
In red blue green
In red blue green
...)

Red blue green could = part of the rainbow? Maaaybe.

But anyways, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *explodes*
I just preordered... crazy how they let you name your own price lol. I felt like being honorable so I paid 5 pounds for the download (comes out to $11.47). I know someone who paid 5 dollars though. I wonder how low you can go? I may try to buy a second download for a dollar hehe.
I'm glad they're in a position to bypass the major labels altogether. While that might not be a viable option to all bands, Radiohead definitely can sustain this type of business model.

As for the music, man, I have such a love/hate relationship with this band. I have all of their albums and on one day I will be their biggest fan - only to hate the band to bits on the next. I've yet to decide.

I guess I'll preorder the whole deal though Big Grin
woah
lkjh;lgfkjhgl;'hgf;/lhgf
The AtEase boards are flooooooooded, terribly.
But that's okay! Radiohead's baaaaaaaaack!!!!
I preordered a discbox...brain overload!!! :clap:
I'm so very tempted to get the discbox! I don't know if I can bring myself to spend $82 on it, though. I mean, I don't want to just do the digital download (I've never paid for anything that I haven't had a hard copy of, aside from Norton), but lordy, I just bought my first piece of real art over the weekend. I don't know if I can justify $82 on a cd (even if it is a double disk... and made to order....).

I'm talking myself into it as I type this.

(sidenote: ooo, a band that has had almost as much time since their last album as Ours, and they're still getting hype... interesting. : ) )
Great concept, and very brave of them to follow through on it. I'm not huge on Radiohead, but this is fantastic news for music.
I got myself the disc box as well, I wouldn't have bothered but the 2xLP really sealed the deal. I was pissed at the world today so it felt soothing...

Also, I hate to look at it from such a perspective as this, but this really is an event that I want to remember to having taken part in. Maybe, just maybe in 10 years' time people will look at this very occasion when the major label died...

...maybe I'm too optimistic? xD
Haven't been a big fan of Radiohead's later material, but regardless, I agree with Mortis that this is an historical event, bound to drive change within the industry--or at least shake-up the majors and make them reconsider their current business model. It's truly exciting!! Perhaps the proverbial horse (artists and consumers) will begin to drive the cart (the "industry") for once, instead of the opposite.

I should point out that an article I read this morning on cnn.com stated that Prince had recently released an album for free, too, even before Radiohead. He then booked ten consecutive sold-out shows in one city. Obviously, he's not concerned with the album sales revenue stream, either. Perhaps it's only minimally profitable for even the most successful artists these days.

Years ago, touring was where artists could actually earn a living, and the labels typically couldn't recoup recording advances or losses from this revenue stream; however, I'm not sure if that's still the case. I guess it depends upon one's contract. In any event, when you DIY or self-fund the production of your albums, you're only accountable to yourself. Which must be nice, if you are an established artist like Radiohead or Prince and can afford it.

No accountability to label = more creative latitude for artist = better and more varied products for us music consumers . Yay!:thumbup:
I'm very happy about this :clap:
Seven daaaaaaaaaaaays!!!!!!

i've waited so long.

so long.

it's touring time.
I had seat tickets with my brother to see them at shoreline on 9/23/04, as they were probably my favorite full band of all time. Just days before going, my brother called me up and said Jimmy Gnecco was playing with Adam Kowalczyk the night before at cafe du nord so we went to that.

It was my first time seeing Jimmy perform, and I STILL haven't heard any performance of that calibur since...

Anyway, here it is 3 years later and i was talking to my brother and i referred to that Jimmy show as the best week ever and he had to remind me that I saw radiohead the day after.

It's sad (but at the same time not) that seeing Jimmy for the first time back then COMPLETELY eclipsed the damn-near impossible seats for radiohead at shoreline the following night.

crazy... it was a good show though...
thinktwice Wrote:i've waited so long.

so long.

it's touring time.

:thumbup:
KidA Wrote:To those who know the new songs, do you think the album title (In Rainbows) has any relation to the song Videotape?

(This is one for the good days
And I have it all here
In red blue green
In red blue green
...)

Red blue green could = part of the rainbow? Maaaybe.

I'm not a Radiohead fan at all, but you do know that red, blue and green are the only three colours that make up a standard television picture. If you have a normal CRT type TV (i.e. not an LCD flat screen), go and stick your eyeball right up to the screen and you'll know what I mean. Given the refererence to Videotape, maybe that's what it refers to?

See, this is why I can't be doing with Radiohead - too fucking clever for their own good!
Quote:I'm not a Radiohead fan at all, but you do know that red, blue and green are the only three colours that make up a standard television picture. If you have a normal CRT type TV (i.e. not an LCD flat screen), go and stick your eyeball right up to the screen and you'll know what I mean. Given the refererence to Videotape, maybe that's what it refers to?

See, this is why I can't be doing with Radiohead - too fucking clever for their own good!

hehe yeah, I knew that! I remember as a kid, it used to baffle me how those three colours made up the images on the screen.
A reporter on the radio yesterday stated that Radiohead intends to sell this album in traditional form at a later date via a label.

Is that really necessary?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is your favorite album cover? musicisart 13 3,858 05-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Last Post: clarrywhites
  Thoughts from Philly, album petition, etc... dancingaloneindc 11 2,491 08-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Muse: Upcoming Album (2009?) SoundscapeMN 15 1,382 04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Acrobat
  JELLYFISH Tribute Album; Was Jimmy Approached? SoundscapeMN 1 780 11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Syd Barrett Tribute Album featuring dredg, Jesu SoundscapeMN 4 735 09-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Last Post: toolerawk
  Radiohead's upcoming tour... KidA 101 11,288 08-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Last Post: beautifulghost
  New Sigur Ros Album Soon! toolerawk 10 918 06-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Last Post: toolerawk
  Ours isn't the only long awaited album released this Spring SoundscapeMN 0 437 05-20-2008, 04:24 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Radiohead's In Rainbows [disc 2] KidA 27 4,425 01-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Trathena
  Radiohead: 01 and 10 hatethejess 16 1,626 10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Pirate Girl