Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is your favorite album cover?
im working on a project for *musicisart*
and would love to know, what special album cover really stands out to you?

if you may please share a few lines about why it truly means something to you, that would be great. of course with permission, your answers may be used for an upcoming post!

thankyou~*~
what a wonderful idea, I will give this some thought, I have many, and will get back to you.
lsnowden Wrote:what a wonderful idea, I will give this some thought, I have many, and will get back to you.

thankyou snowden Smile look forward to your choices!
[Image: 0000360153.jpg]
SoundscapeMN Wrote:[Image: 0000360153.jpg]

wow... thanks for sharing!
thats quite the album cover Wink
Here's a few... I'll add reasons why they stand out soon.

Kagrra, - 雫 -shizuku-

[Image: B000KRNJ8I.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg]

Zeromancer - ZZYZX

[Image: 2036736.jpg]

Dark Moor - Beyond The Sea

[Image: 63145.jpg]
I'm making 2 posts one is one of my most favorite albums I used to burn up in the 70s, and it's Photography and I love the album art: I have always had trouble post images on this site, this may not work
cool it worked, sorta. The next one is not my most favorite cd but I love the art work, something about space men and monkeys I find appealing
musicisart Wrote:
SoundscapeMN Wrote:[Image: 0000360153.jpg]

wow... thanks for sharing!
thats quite the album cover Wink

thanks..yeah I got it on Vinyl especially for that reason. Sweet music on it as well..Jazz/Funk/Psych Fusion anyway.

That TULL album is great btw, altho I honestly never was highly into the cover necessarily. However, I'd have loved to have seen it live. I think the TAAB cover is actually more remarkable, for one, the band actually spent more time working on the artwork than the actual music believe it or not.
I'm too lazy to upload photos, so will link:

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

It's actually a negative image of 100 successive pulses from the first pulsar star discovered. The image also happens to be as bleak and graphic as the album music is.

I really like not just the cover but the entire package design for Enigma's "Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi."  You can't tell by looking at the image below, but the cd tray is translucent, as is the plastic material on which the album art is printed.  When the booklet insert is folded, all the pages overlap to create the image on the album cover below.  Apparently the package designer, Johann Zambryski, was nominated for a Grammy for Best Recording Package for his work on this album.  

I also like the minimalist album art that New Order albums have featured throughout the years (no doubt a continuation of what was started with Joy Division album art).  Below is my favorite, the cover of (the best of) New Order.

I'd be remiss if I didn't nominate "Rio."  Everyone is familiar with this image, even if they're not familiar with the album itself.  I love the clean lines, and sleek, flirty image.  This cover is about lifestyle branding as much as imaging.  Patrick Nagel, people.  'nuff said.

Lastly, even though this is about album covers, I also have to nominate another DD album (self-titled 1993 release) for best package design overall. Below is the cover, which features the wedding portraits of all the band members' parents.
My favorite album covers are: Pink Moon, Houses of the Holy, Synchronicity, Abbey Road, Forever Changes, London Calling, The Day Brings, Fear of a Black Planet, Unknown Pleasures, Wonderwall Music and Brave New World.
I like many types of album cover which are attractive and really looks so beautiful with different designs. There are so many choices like Faith,Keep the Faith,In the 21st Century and The Exorcist, all have beautiful design of collection and very attractive colors.
Here is the list of album which I really feel that they have created amazing work. Some of it I have listed below. We're Only In It For The Money, Faith Hill, Destiny's Child: Expanded - Destiny's Child.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile post you favorite YouTube music videos KillTheBand 13 3,753 02-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Last Post: aaronsharapova
  Favorite lyrics? Stars Die 8 2,293 02-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Last Post: thinktwice
  Thoughts from Philly, album petition, etc... dancingaloneindc 11 2,491 08-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  I'm seeing my favorite singer live in a few days :) SoundscapeMN 2 1,505 12-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Last Post: pankaj444
  My twin brother's cover of Boys of Summer digenger 2 553 12-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  Muse: Upcoming Album (2009?) SoundscapeMN 15 1,382 04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Acrobat
  JELLYFISH Tribute Album; Was Jimmy Approached? SoundscapeMN 1 780 11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Syd Barrett Tribute Album featuring dredg, Jesu SoundscapeMN 4 735 09-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Last Post: toolerawk
  APES AND ANDROIDS: My Favorite New Band of 2008 (so far) SoundscapeMN 1 448 07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
  New Sigur Ros Album Soon! toolerawk 10 918 06-28-2008, 09:03 AM