Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maxwells 12/26/07
Jimmy solo, yep yep
HERE
has everyone else seen the new ours website or is it just me??
It's been "new" for a week or so. Lot better isn't it?
Bootleg Wrote:It's been "new" for a week or so. Lot better isn't it?
if only the navigation links worked.
nice find, thanks Nine
Woohoo, thanks for the info! He's also playing in Orlando on Dec. 21, FYI southerners.
Oh my God!!!!! I can't wait for this show!!!!!!! I missed him last time he came around to NY. I hope he's going to be giving away those free CD samplers too because I'm dying to get my hands on one!!!
I'm hoping I can make this, I dunno if I'll have family obligations or not.
hopefully I can make the drive down to see this. It's the day after Christmas, but I think I can! It'll be kickass to see Jimmy playing during Christmas break
i've never been to NJ through train (I'm from Long Island when I'm not at school)... it's possible right? Does anyone know how hard/easy it is to get to the venue from train station?
you might be able to contact Flower girl. I think she may have travel that route. Oh and btw, I mailed out your stuff. should get it in a couple of days (I'm a slacker) I sent it first class ups. Dam when is that Nashville show_whaaaaaaaah
Take LIRR to Penn Station then NJTransit to Hoboken or take the PATH to Hoboken. Its a nice walk from Hoboken station to Maxwells. You might be able to take a cab. It won't be fun.
If the weather isn't too bitter, the walk down Washington is actually pretty nice. It's about 15 minutes. If you get a cab, it's only $3 (or it was).
Britney Shears Wrote:If the weather isn't too bitter, the walk down Washington is actually pretty nice. It's about 15 minutes. If you get a cab, it's only $3 (or it was).

Yeah, Washington's pretty cool. Anyone else been to the pizza place with the giant slices? (the name escapes me...) :thumbup:
SO excited for this!! I ran into Randall Shreve (the guy who opened for Jimmy at the Living Room in April) 2 weeks ago and he said he might be playing either in Jersey or Florida. Awesome!
deadstar Wrote:SO excited for this!! I ran into Randall Shreve (the guy who opened for Jimmy at the Living Room in April) 2 weeks ago and he said he might be playing either in Jersey or Florida. Awesome!

That'd be AWESOME if he plays in Jersey, cuz I never got around to finding his record anywhere, and he might hopefully have a copy on him.
Stars Die Wrote:Yeah, Washington's pretty cool. Anyone else been to the pizza place with the giant slices? (the name escapes me...) :thumbup:

hmm, i have had good pizza on washington....but i  used to have the best bagels EVER at a place off washington...they do them 'smashed' or 'straight'...mmm bagels Wink
redjez Wrote:
Stars Die Wrote:Yeah, Washington's pretty cool. Anyone else been to the pizza place with the giant slices? (the name escapes me...) :thumbup:

hmm, i have had good pizza on washington....but i used to have the best bagels EVER at a place off washington...they do them 'smashed' or 'straight'...mmm bagels Wink

Where did they have them? Is said place still open, do you know?
Stars Die Wrote:
deadstar Wrote:SO excited for this!! I ran into Randall Shreve (the guy who opened for Jimmy at the Living Room in April) 2 weeks ago and he said he might be playing either in Jersey or Florida. Awesome!

That'd be AWESOME if he plays in Jersey, cuz I never got around to finding his record anywhere, and he might hopefully have a copy on him.
Oh so that's who he is... he added my radio show myspace (and I dont add random bands) and I checked his page out, he had Ours and Buckley , I think, in the top friends and I digged his songs so i added him back... didn't know he opened for Jimmy!

Thanks guys for your hints on how to get to the venue. I would kill to go, I need to figure out how I'd be able to cause I've never gone farther than Penn on my own.
You shouldn't worry about getting there from the city- I took the PATH train once and if you can handle the subways, and look at a map before you go its super easy to find. And I think penn station is around 34th st I know the PATH station is on that street, they may only be a few blocks apart. I took a cab the time I went once I got to hoboken because theres a cab stand and its easy, if you decide to walk, it is uphill most of the way there.

I usually drive to maxwells because I don't like having to worry about catching/missing trains, but up until recently I got lost every time.

Is this pizza place you're talking about almost across the street from maxwells?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maxwells 12.6.09 SarahBeth 76 8,901 12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Trathena
  benefit at maxwells 10.11.08 idylls 75 12,078 11-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Last Post: razzledazzle
  Maxwells--Hoboken March 25 flowergirl11 19 2,783 03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Maxwells Show June 1st little review moookabmoc 7 1,419 06-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN