Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maxwells 12/26/07
Or...
There's always, of course, the ever-so aforementioned Vincent Gallo...

example 1
example 2

(I know we all know what he looks like, but those photos seem pretty fitting, given the subject :detectiveSmile

His body type is very similar to Jimmy's, also.
haha if the movie thing's a joke, I'll kill someone :detective: and somehow I just do NOT see Adrien Brody acting as jimmy. too tall, and the face doesn't match.

I was thinking, "heh, no one's said Vincent Gallo yet?" than I see Julie did it for me :grin:
Wow. Was he serious about Johnny Depp being approached? From the brief description he gave, it sounds like this movie would be a bit independent (Ours songs throughout the movie, for instance). If they're approaching actors like Depp... then who knows... maybe it is really major.

There is a lot about Jimmy's life before Ours that i don't even know about. Jimmy rarely talks about Harmony Bandits/Sour era and so I'm really surprised to see that he apparently is ok with having a movie made (loosely) on his life. and we all know how Hollywood can butcher a perfectly good premise for a movie....

This is a really interesting development. I won't hold me breath waiting for movie news because there can be delays in that area worse than waiting for another Ours album (haha). This could either be great or terrible!:punk:
KillTheBand Wrote:This could either be great or terrible!:punk:

Yep. It could be Buddy Holly or Coalminer's Daughter. Or it could be . . . Light of Day.

It makes sense that it would be adapted from How to Kill a Rock Star.
yeah i can picture it now - struggling artist through years of hardship and getting screwed by major label from a bidding war in what should have been big break turns into awesome success story after meeting and working with super-mega-powerful-and-influential producer on a new and different major label.

oh and insert something about Buckley, and I can see a movie happening Wink
Nooooooooo!!!!

::weeps softly::
aw Sad

in all seriousness though - if this was an indie project it has the potential i think, to be really cool. It seems to be a sort of... trend, now and days to have movies based on a musician's life with their music as the sound track.
Honestly, I'm not seeing Vincent Gallo. What am I missing? As long as they don't have the actor sing the songs. But that's what Jimmy said, correct? That he'd recorded the songs that will be in the movie?

I'm with you, Fiasco, if this movie is indie, it might be very good. But then, we've had good movies about famous people before that were huge corporate Hollywood blockbusters. But they were about mainstream musicians too.

Gosh this is such an interesting development!
thanks for all of this, the recaps and news, and i can't wait to make time to enjoy the recordings.

as for the exciting news of the movie, i would have to agree with lin and trathena about it possibly being debartolo's "how to kill a rock star."  not to do any plot spoilers here, but, ummm, give it a read if you are curious, and ummm, feel free to pm me about this novel.  i have been dying to really discuss it with other folks who are into the band and maybe even kinda into lit crit like i am (i was big into foucault and derrida in grad school).  

yeah, if this *is* the project, debartolo is well-connected, a great novelist, and writer and director of the movie "dream for an insomniac."  incidentally, she is a huge fan of the band and has been to more than a few shows.  i hope to meet her one day.
i just posted youtube links to my 4 videos from the maxwells
show in the OURS Recordings forum. enjoy! :punk:
sweeeeet! thx!

also, this movie thing could be an effort of locke's production company:
http://www.aslanderproductions.com/

he is sooooo talented!!
http://flickr.com/photos/billiejonj/sets...573571596/

There's some photos from the show at Maxwell's. Enjoy!
Huh i'm so fucking confused right now, 1st i find out OURS is touring with Marilyn Manson, who everyone knows. even if you don't like him, you still know who he is. unlike Circa Survive.

And now i hear from Jimmy's mouth, via video from astroboy, that they're making a movie based on OURS story and Jimmy's personal shit.
:confused:
what the hell is going on???? lol

did the fucking magnetic poles just reverse? is that why our world is suddenly upside down?
Is OURS getting famous?

consider my mind blown Confusedhock:
Signed with Columbia, Touring with M Manson and he wants a movie made about his life. Let's hope he is keeping his feet on the ground.

Jack
beautifulghost Wrote:is that why our world is suddenly upside down?  
Is OURS getting famous?

consider my mind blown Confusedhock:

I think you need to take a breath and relax. If anybody's world is upside down, it's Jimmy's, and I hope it turns into everything he wants it to be.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just in shock. it's seems like things are coming together very quickly. I'm very excited! :clap:
It's about damn time. congrats guys :thumbup::punk:
Vincent Gallo's head is too big!!
(Too play Jimmy that is...perhaps its the perfect size for his own life, hehe)
I don't think they have to look exactly like them...especially if it's just BASED on them and not really a biopic.

Adrien Brody's and Jimmy's smiles are similar though and Gallo's a musician, so he could pull of that aspect. I think Brody's less of an asshole than Gallo seems to be, but Rick Rubin and Gallo are friends (see Jay-Z's 99 problems video) so it'll probably be Gallo :wink2:

but if i had to pick between those two, i'd go for Brody.
haha, Adrien Brody! he's a little too Jewish I think, his nose is far too big. They will find someone good. i think they should just put Jimmy in the movie. i mean, why not??? he's the man!
chriskin.sun Wrote:i think they should just put Jimmy in the movie.  i mean, why not???   he's the man!

How cool would that be?!! He is the man!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maxwells 12.6.09 SarahBeth 76 8,901 12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Trathena
  benefit at maxwells 10.11.08 idylls 75 12,078 11-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Last Post: razzledazzle
  Maxwells--Hoboken March 25 flowergirl11 19 2,783 03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Last Post: starlit
  Maxwells Show June 1st little review moookabmoc 7 1,419 06-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN