Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touring with Marilyn Manson
At the show in Orlando tonight, Jimmy said they're opening up for Marilyn Manson when he hits the road next month. Best. Show. Ever.

-------------------------------------------------------
KillTheBand:

Here are the dates! (confirmed!)

1/20/08 - The Fillmore Miami Beach at The Jackie Gleason Theater - Miami Beach, FL
1/22/08 - The Tabernacle - Atlanta, GA
1/24/08 - Rams Head Live! - Baltimore, MD
1/26/08 - Orpheum Theatre - Boston, MA
1/27/08 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
1/29/08 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
1/30/08 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
2/1/08 - House of Blues Cleveland - Cleveland, OH
2/2/08 - Lifestyle Communities Pavilion (formerly PromoWest) - Columbus, OH
2/4/08 - The Fillmore Detroit (formerly State Theatre) - Detroit, MI
2/8/08 - Myth - Maplewood, MN
2/10/08 - St. Louis, MO (Sold Out)
2/13/08 - Fillmore Auditorium - Denver, CO
2/17/08 - Queen Elizabeth Theatre - Vancouver, BC
2/25/08 - House of Blues San Diego - San Diego, CA
2/29/08 - House of Blues Dallas - Dallas, TX

more dates here as they become available:
http://www.marilynmanson.com/tour/
Wow. I guess I need to grab tickets to the st. louis show before it sells out. Manson was great live when i saw him halloween 99. I really enjoy the new album too.
awesome! good hook up before the cd release.
haha no way!
jlatham Wrote:Wow. I guess I need to grab tickets to the st. louis show before it sells out. Manson was great live when i saw him halloween 99. I really enjoy the new album too.

Yeah, I need some confirmation on this. Is he really opening for MM? Because my girlfriend and I will definately be at that St. Louis show. So far The Pageant has no info on opening bands.

And we like Manson well enough, but I'm not paying nearly $40 a person unless there's some Ours involved.
Britney Shears Wrote:At the show in Orlando tonight, Jimmy said they're opening up for Marilyn Manson when he hits the road next month. Best. Show. Ever.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!
IF YOU ARE LYING, I WILL FIND YOU!!!!!!!

MANSON AND OURS???????????????

NO FUCKING WAY...
I NEED CONFIRMATION...STAT!!!!!!
Nine Wrote:
Britney Shears Wrote:At the show in Orlando tonight, Jimmy said they're opening up for Marilyn Manson when he hits the road next month. Best. Show. Ever.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!
IF YOU ARE LYING, I WILL FIND YOU!!!!!!!

MANSON AND OURS???????????????

NO FUCKING WAY...
I NEED CONFIRMATION...STAT!!!!!!

ever since i saw this earlier today, i have been waiting for your head to explode. SPLAT!!!! for your sake, my friend, i hope that this is true!!
:punk:
I spoke with Jimmy after the show, and he said that Ours will tour with Manson for two months.  I've just now checked the official Marilyn Manson site, and there is no mention of Ours.  However, it appears as if Slayer is co-headlining this tour; so, perhaps Rick Rubin is partially to blame for this?
Although Jimmy appears to be looking forward to the challenge, I may suggest that--along with their guitars & amplifiers--Ours should travel equipped with crucifixes, silver bullets, wild roses, and garlic… in order to prevent a vampire incursion.
Manson / Slayer was this last summer. It's an interesting pairing, and one I can't bring my friends to, but maybe I'll enjoy it. haha
Diluvian Wrote:I spoke with Jimmy after the show, and he said that Ours will tour with Manson for two months.  I've just now checked the official Marilyn Manson site, and there is no mention of Ours.  However, it appears as if Slayer is co-headlining this tour; so, perhaps Rick Rubin is partially to blame for this?
Although Jimmy appears to be looking forward to the challenge, I may suggest that--along with their guitars & amplifiers--Ours should travel equipped with crucifixes, silver bullets, wild roses, and garlic… in order to prevent a vampire incursion.

holy fucking stereotype asshole!!!!!!

creating multiple accnts to "confirm" a rumor you made up is pretty pathetic imo.

yeah, and manson/slayer was last summer.
A very reliable source told me they are touring with MM.
well I wish them all the best, but I never ever felt like one of the beautiful people, beautiful people.
Slayer?..lol that sounds rather risky crowd-wise to be honest. I mean best of luck, I dunno if the show will hit my town; but I'd say this is a bit of a leap of faith for the band. Hopefully it'll workout well.
Whoa, there...that other person is not me. Believe me, I'm not that crafty. I swear on my love of Ours, Jimmy said they're opening for Manson. And I wasn't even drunk! Smile

Nine Wrote:
Diluvian Wrote:I spoke with Jimmy after the show, and he said that Ours will tour with Manson for two months.  I've just now checked the official Marilyn Manson site, and there is no mention of Ours.  However, it appears as if Slayer is co-headlining this tour; so, perhaps Rick Rubin is partially to blame for this?

holy fucking stereotype asshole!!!!!!

creating multiple accnts to "confirm" a rumor you made up is pretty pathetic imo.

yeah, and manson/slayer was last summer.
OURSMANAGEMENT - give me/us a nice Christmas gift and just say yes or no.

i think it"ll be good exposure for the boys. going from 400 to 3000 people a night is a great jump in terms of exposure. Slayer is not touring, so fear not. The new MM album is pretty darn good. I saw him 10 years ago and plan on seeing him again with Ours.
Nine, I assure you there is no need to be angry; I was being facetious with my vampire comment (I like vampires, too).
Jimmy did in fact make this announcement onstage Friday.  He said, "Oh, and we found out last night we're gonna be coming back here again: January nineteenth with, uh… Marilyn Manson."
Someone in the audience asked, "Is he opening for you?"  Many in the audience laughed approvingly, although Jimmy was quick to respond, "No, no, no… [there will be] a lot more screaming."

Thanks for the clarification as pertaining to Slayer's involvement.  Whereas there are new tour dates posted on Manson's site, Slayer's name is still listed there, so the site is obviously in need of a further update.
I should point that, although my above use of quotations is accurate, it's somewhat taken out of context.  Prior to his announcement in regards to the upcoming tour, Jimmy spoke for a few moments (about ten minutes into the performance).
He said, "I'm gonna be honest with you guys; I'm gonna do my best to sing--lately my voice has been doing its own thing.  We just did this really long tour.  We've been touring this record that hasn't come out now for… two years.  It comes out March eighteenth.  And we just did this last tour with, um… this band, Circa Survive, and I had to scream every night over all the little kids giving me the finger & telling us how badly we sucked, so… it started to wear my voice out a little bit."

I probably wouldn't have transcribed the above, but considering that Circa Survive had to issue a statement deploring their own fans' behavior, it's clearly no secret.
Also, Jimmy's voice sounded brilliant as always.
Ah, if we thought Circa fans were bad....

I do enjoy Manson, but I don't see this happening.

I, too, would like to see some confirmation, yes or no?
HOLY FUCK!

...confirmation, please