Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiohead's upcoming tour...
got my tix for the Indy show!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I finally get to see Radiohead in concert AND in my home state! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
they haven't been to IN since '95. that's 13 YEARS ago mathletes!
Check out the atlanta setlist.

Setlist
01 All I Need
02 There There
03 Lucky
04 15 Step
05 Where I End And You Begin
06 Nude
07 Pyramid Song
08 Optimistic
09 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
10 The National Anthem
11 Idioteque
12 You and whose army
13 Reckoner
14 Everything in its right place
15 Bangers and Mash
16 Bodysnatchers
17 Videotape

encore 1
18 The Gloaming
19 Talk Show Host
20 Just
21 Faust Arp (Thom & Jonny on electric)
22 How To Disappear Completely

encore 2
23 Paranoid Android
24 House of Cards

jlatham Wrote:Is anybody else going to the radiohead show this wednesday in st. louis? I've got pit tickets. :clap:

I'll be there! It'll be my first Radiohead show so I am very VERY excited!!!
Trathena Wrote:I'll be there! I've got seats, but not sure where at the moment (I think center). My first Radiohead concert!

I too have seats well seat since I have no radiohead liking friends anywhere near me anymore. I'm in the center section don't remember where. It's my first radiohead show too so I am VERY excited!
That is an amazing set list! Now I'm really sad...
I heard in Rollingstone they rehearsed like 70 plus songs for this tour and every night the set list changes, they're even going to play some new stuff (not from In Rainbows or the B-side)

that set list is amazing though and if you people who are going haven't already check out Grizzly Bear, they're opening up for Radiohead on the 2nd leg of the tour. It's going to be beyond AMAZING
http://www.myspace.com/grizzlybear
I'll be seeing them in August with Grizzly Bear...I saw Grizzly Bear open for TV on the Radio and have liked them since.
Grizzly Bear is opening for them in St. Louis too. I know nothing about them, so I'm glad to hear they're good.
I thought the liars were opening the st. louis show.
jlatham Wrote:I thought the liars were opening the st. louis show.

They did. I'd never heard of them, and hadn't taken the time to YouTube them or anything. They were great. Very unique. I'm not sure if I've ever heard their particular style before. The lead singer has a beautiful voice.

Radiohead was perfect. They were amazing. Just wonderful. Thom sang beautifully and the guitars... god, just a perfect show.

Ok, a little story. I went with my spouse and brother-in-law. Neither of them are big Radiohead fans, but oh well. Our seats were 120s XX Center, so we had a great view, but pretty far back. Only a few rows behind us, and then the lawn. So everything was fine until Radiohead came out, and then everyone stood up. Darn! Oh well, so I stood up too, but my view was completely blocked and I figured I'd only be able to see the light show and screen.

About halfway through the first song ("All I Need"), I noticed that there were about 4-5 girls behind me standing on chairs, so I did too. There was hardly anyone behind us at that time. When the song ended, during the brief moment of silence between the clapping and the next song, I heard this forlorn, "Get off the chair!" Now, this wasn't a "Hey! Get your fat ass off the fucking chair, bitch!" but more of a, "For the love of all things holy, please, for god's sake, get off the chair! you can have my first-born! pleeeaaase!" I looked behind me, and the other girls were laughing, and one said, "Fuck them!" and they stayed where they were, but I got down, turned and gave the "peace sign" and a few of the guys smiled and laughed.

I didn't think about it again, until the first encore, when I turned around and saw that all the chairs behind me had filled up and the girls were still on the chairs. Poor Lawn People!

By the way, my husband changed places with me, and I had a straight, clear, perfect view. I stood for over two hours, and I'm pretty crippled today, but it was worth it. Just a fantastic time.
wait, you've never heard of Liars? :OMG: j/k, I've only gotten into in the last 12 months or so. I've seen them twice...once opening for Interpol and then headlining their own tour. I know Radiohead love them...that's part of the reason they're touring together...same with Grizzly Bear
I was in the pit for St. Louis. Ahhhh, what a beautiful show. I know the people over on the atease boards were talking about dancing [or the lack thereof], but I'd say the pit was pretty half and half as far as dancing went. I was definitely doing my version of dancing...

I can't believe they played four songs from Kid A. And Fake Plastic Trees. And Bangers + Mash. And ALL of In Rainbows.

And and and...!!! [Sorry, I'm still a bit punchy from lack of sleep and excess of excitement]

I'm so excited to see them again at Lolla in August. Radiohead ties for number one live show.
beautythusbecome Wrote:Ahhhh, what a beautiful show. I know the people over on the atease boards were talking about dancing [or the lack thereof], but I'd say the pit was pretty half and half as far as dancing went. I was definitely doing my version of dancing...

It was a perfect show. Honestly, I have zero criticisms. And I was dancing too, as was everyone around me. It was fantastic.

And yes, the ENTIRE In Rainbows! And I could have died when Fake Plastic Trees began. And all of the best from Kid A (my second favorite album). Gosh, I'm still amazed.

And my next concert of the summer? Ours in St. Louis. Then? NIN. Could life get any better?
glad you had such a great time! i didn't expect any less from Radiohead though, they're fuckin brilliant! I can't wait until Aug. 3rd!
The St. Louis show was amazing! An amazing experience. I was originally supposed to be a two rows behind where Trathena was almost exactly but was spontaneous and looked on ticketbastard that morning and bought another ticket in row P same section and gave my other away before the show. Was worth it (I'm half blind) to be just a little bit closer. Everything was amazing I cried several times it was just beautiful. All of In Rainbows plus Green Plastic Trees *drools* Couldn't have asked for a better experiece. Was an amazing escape!
That st. louis show was probably the best I've ever seen radiohead play. I had pit tickets right next to the stage. And best of all, the pit was only half full. I walked to the pit right when they went onstage expecting it to be shoulder to shoulder and it was half empty! Plenty of room for dancing and drinking. Smile There's a great audio recording of the show up for bit torrent download at dimeadozen.org. Here's my two favorite youtube clips from the show. There are a TON posted on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vBaNW5QzGUE - Full fake plastic trees

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CQ09wTODP5g - Thom freaking out and dancing around during idioteque

beautifulghost Wrote:got my tix for the Indy show!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I finally get to see Radiohead in concert AND in my home state! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
they haven't been to IN since '95. that's 13 YEARS ago mathletes!

Very similar to the Houston show. No Fake Plastic...or Let Down Confusedad2:
Im going to see them for the 1st time in Aug!! SO EXCITED
get to see them THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm going to see Radiohead for the first time ever on FRIDAY at Lolla! I've been waiting a very, very, very, very long time for this! Smile Smile Smile Smile Big Grin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Upcoming Shows Formica Linoleum 53 6,976 09-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Last Post: lifer_refil
  Anyone see Alice In Chains or are seeing em on their tour? digenger 4 638 09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Last Post: wafflestomper
  Nine Inch nails - Wave Goodbye tour digenger 8 1,282 09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Last Post: spaz
  NINJA tour '09 distorted lullaby 11 1,184 07-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Last Post: JackMartinEF
  Muse: Upcoming Album (2009?) SoundscapeMN 15 1,382 04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Acrobat
  Dredg Tour QuietShadow 4 650 10-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Stars Die
  Radiohead's In Rainbows [disc 2] KidA 27 4,425 01-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Trathena
  New Radiohead Album!!! Chief 54 7,526 12-05-2007, 07:02 PM