Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiohead's upcoming tour...
are you going all 3 days?
yup! but unfortunately it's going to be 90+ degrees all weekend long, so i'm a little bit scared lol. just crossing my fingers for a spot somewhat close to the stage for Radiohead!!! AHHHHHHHH
good luck and drink lots of water!
hehe thanks! Radiohead TOMORROW + NIN on SUNDAY, my brain might shut down from too much awesome in such a short amount of time!!! lol have fun at your Radiohead show this weekend!!
i see RH TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
You're gonna have a blast. Let us know how it goes!
will do! hopefully i can remember a set list and have interesting things to tell everyone
any know a site / board where recent set lists have been posted? I'll be seeing them along with Grizzly Bear a week from Wednesday. I know they rehearsed 70 songs or something and have been interchanging a lot of them, but I was just curious.
needless to say the concert was AMAZING! It's one thing to be amazed by the records Radiohead has made, it's another to experience them in person. MIND BLOWING
Grizzly Bear opened up for Radiohead as they will be doing the rest of the US tour i believe, and did a great job. I have their latest record "Yellow House" and i must say they're better live than on that album, they played maybe 6 or 7 songs and only about 3 i knew were from "Yellow House", I assume the other songs were from the "Friends" EP and previous records. They were very gracious to the crowd and to Radiohead for bringing them on the road.

they had about a 20 minute set up for Radiohead and then walked out on stage to thunderous applause. They seemed in really great spirits last night and that lasted the whole evening.

Here is the set list....they had a main set, an encore set of several songs and a 2nd encore with maybe 4 more songs
(1st 3 songs and last song are in order, others are not...sorry)

15 step
Bodysnatchers
There There
Nude
All I Need
Everything In It's Right Place

(w/ lyrics scrolling through the light display)
The National Anthem
How To Disappear Completely
Climbing Up The Walls
Faust Arp
(w/ just Thom and Jonny on acoustics)
JUST
The Gloaming
Pyramid Song
Bangers and Mash

(w/ Thom on a mini drum kit!)

Morning Bell
Idioteque
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Videotape
EXIT MUSIC (FOR A FILM)
KARMA POLICE
You and Whose Army?
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Reckoner
House of Cards
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Amazing set, amazing gents, amazing night!

Sounds great!
I'm so glad you enjoyed it, BG. They are fucking epic, are they not?

I can't believe I've seen Radiohead.

I can't believe I'm seeing NIN in a few weeks.

And then Sigur Ros in September.

Your words are perfect: mind blowing.
BG, glad you had a blast!!!

radiohead at lollapalooza (8/1) = simply phenomenal.

we got to the stage around 2pm and there was already a sizable crowd, so we settled into a spot probably about 40 or 50 rows from the front, which was WAY closer than i ever imagined i'd see radiohead! luckily the wait wasn't too bad, and we got to see yeasayer (awesome!), gogol bordello (one of my top 5 fave lolla performances!!!), and bloc party (they were OK).

of course there were tons of obligatory a-holes who pushed their way to the front before radiohead, tall jerks who came and stood right in front of me, and one girl who, while trying to leave the crowd, puked on the guy next to me's shoes and then AGAIN on a guy a couple feet away's back. disgusting.

anyway, the show was just unbelievable. i felt like i was dreaming. there were fireworks during everything in its right place, but we were so close that we couldn't even see them until they fell a little bit off to the side and carried over into fake plastic trees. i'm still not sure if the fireworks were part of lolla or if they were going on at navy pier (nearby tourist attraction), but the parts i saw were synced up perfectly to the music! everyone around me was singing and rocking out to every song, and a guy next to me air drummed the ENTIRE SHOW. my bf lifted me up a couple times, just for a few seconds so i could see thom and the insanely gigantic crowd of 75,000 people (i am a tiny 5'1) and it was just one of the coolest things i've ever seen. i'll never forget it.

here's the set list...i don't remember when the encore started, but i think it was the last 4 songs:

15 Step
Airbag
There, There
All I Need
Nude
Weird Fishes
The Gloaming
The National Anthem
Faust Arp
No Surprises
Reckoner
Lucky
The Bends
Everything In Its Right Place
Fake Plastic Trees
Bodysnatchers
Videotape
Paranoid Android
Dollars & Cents
House of Cards
Optimistic
2 + 2 = 5
Idioteque

**correction: i just looked it up and apparently the 1st encore started at videotape and the 2nd encore started at 2+2=5**
I am so damn excited to see them for the first time this month. Holy fuck.
I can't wait to read your review, KidA.

So . . . would you say you're a bigger fan of Radiohead? Or Ours?
Oh gosh, Ours for sure. Jimmy's my #1 out of ANYone. Actually, Porcupine Tree has climbed even higher than Radiohead for me. But, of course, I fucking love Radiohead, and always will ;-)
Quote:here's the set list...i don't remember when the encore started, but i think it was the last 4 songs:

15 Step
Airbag
There, There
All I Need
Nude
Weird Fishes
The Gloaming
The National Anthem
Faust Arp
No Surprises
Reckoner
Lucky
The Bends
Everything In Its Right Place
Fake Plastic Trees
Bodysnatchers
Videotape
Paranoid Android
Dollars & Cents
House of Cards
Optimistic
2 + 2 = 5
Idioteque

sounds great! I'm jealous though because you got AIRBAG, NO SURPRISES, LUCKY AND PARANOID ANDROID, pretty much my favourite songs off OK Computer
I can't wait...I'll be seeing them 1 week from today. NIN is tomorrow night.
thanks for the set list, I'm going to see Radiohead for the first time at the APW festival in NJ on sat, anyone else going? Im also gonna see them next week in MA.

And im going to NIN fri nite! Smile
hehe i saw NIN on Sunday night at Lolla, and i was going to mention it in my post, but i didn't want to detract from the incredibleness of Radiohead.

Radiohead was obviously mind blowing. but NIN is my #1 fave band ever (yes, even more dear to me than Ours....), so i have to admit for me personally it was an EVEN BETTER experience than seeing Radiohead for the 1st time on Friday, if that you can imagine that................this was my 6th NIN show and my 3rd time on the floor, and i will say it is one of the best NIN shows i've seen yet. the stage show and video screens are just amazing, and i was lucky enough to be standing right on the edge of a pit, so after the intial craziness and getting thrown around and nearly crushed, i had a shockingly great view through the circle of guys moshing. this almost NEVER happens because i'm so short, so i'm still processing how lucky i got with this show...............

plus seeing Robin Finck back on stage.........insane!!!! those of you going to see NIN and Radiohead....ENJOY!!!!!!!!!! man, i wish i could re-live last weekend over and over and over again.
rb101182 Wrote:thanks for the set list, I'm going to see Radiohead for the first time at the APW festival in NJ on sat, anyone else going? Im also gonna see them next week in MA.

And im going to NIN fri nite! Smile

have fun in the sticks on Friday Wink I decided to go to the CT show instead...gamble a little (very little) and go to the Hard Rock Cafe there.

Did you get the special parking for the Radiohead show at Comcast Center?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Upcoming Shows Formica Linoleum 53 6,976 09-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Last Post: lifer_refil
  Anyone see Alice In Chains or are seeing em on their tour? digenger 4 638 09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Last Post: wafflestomper
  Nine Inch nails - Wave Goodbye tour digenger 8 1,282 09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Last Post: spaz
  NINJA tour '09 distorted lullaby 11 1,184 07-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Last Post: JackMartinEF
  Muse: Upcoming Album (2009?) SoundscapeMN 15 1,382 04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Acrobat
  Dredg Tour QuietShadow 4 650 10-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Stars Die
  Radiohead's In Rainbows [disc 2] KidA 27 4,425 01-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Trathena
  New Radiohead Album!!! Chief 54 7,526 12-05-2007, 07:02 PM