Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
here is another review from cd universe...release date next week!!!
Wished For None Wrote:
Formica Linoleum Wrote:I'd like it if silverchair came back over for a summer tour and co-headlined with Ours. That'd be my dream show. Plus, it wouldn't be outrageously expensive and you wouldn't be in the nosebleed section.

Actually, I think the silverchair fans would be quite receptive of Ours.

Ours was supposed to open for silverchair for a tour. but daniel got sick  Confusedad2:

Yeah, I remember that now; the whole reactive arthritis mess. There were only 3 US dates for Diorama, but Daniel has recovered beautifully! I saw them twice last year and he was just fabulous. So yeah, now that everything's all better they should try to work that one out again. I saw silverchair at the end of December. They did a local radio interview and Daniel said they'd like to come back in the summer, but it was up to management and such. I'll dream. Maybe it will happen.
I didn't mean to stir up so much controversy with my Bono comments.  Just a closing thought about it.  U2 is a great band and Bono is a great humanitarian, but I just think he can be a little cheesy at times.  Obviously I'm not the only one that feels this way, since in fact, there are people that believe he's a selfish guy doing this for his own publicity, which I totally DISAGREE with.  Anyways, here's another Mercy review I found.  I really like this one since it's thorough, but I wish he would rate the album a little higher.  But then again, I'm a biased fan.

Enjoy!

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/04/07/091415.php
Ours + Silverchair = win

aside from the fact I'm still convinced Ours is a different band when they headline.
Formica Linoleum Wrote:
Wished For None Wrote:
Formica Linoleum Wrote:I'd like it if silverchair came back over for a summer tour and co-headlined with Ours. That'd be my dream show. Plus, it wouldn't be outrageously expensive and you wouldn't be in the nosebleed section.

Actually, I think the silverchair fans would be quite receptive of Ours.

Ours was supposed to open for silverchair for a tour. but daniel got sick  Confusedad2:

Yeah, I remember that now; the whole reactive arthritis mess. There were only 3 US dates for Diorama, but Daniel has recovered beautifully! I saw them twice last year and he was just fabulous. So yeah, now that everything's all better they should try to work that one out again. I saw silverchair at the end of December. They did a local radio interview and Daniel said they'd like to come back in the summer, but it was up to management and such. I'll dream. Maybe it will happen.

I never heard much about it, but did ours ever get to play a show with them? or did daniel get sick before the tour?

I saw silverchair 3 times last year and daniel was very healthy.
if ours can land a spot opening for manson.. and being okay with that.
I'm sure they'd do great touring with silverchair, I'd imagine that going over very nicely. maybe we should request it? :grin:
and they wont have to worry about fans being assholes to them, plus it would be good exposure for them too
Wished For None Wrote:I never heard much about it, but did ours ever get to play a show with them? or did daniel get sick before the tour?

I saw silverchair 3 times last year and daniel was very healthy.
if ours can land a spot opening for manson.. and being okay with that.
I'm sure they'd do great touring with silverchair, I'd imagine that going over very nicely. maybe we should request it? :grin:
and they wont have to worry about fans being assholes to them, plus it would be good exposure for them too

If my memory serves me correctly, the tour didn't even get started. I think the first date was supposed to be here in Atlanta. It was a free show at the olympic park, but was canceled two weeks before. So yeah, they need to revisit that idea if silverchair does go back out on the road.

I'm going to make a Mercy thread over at the chairpage board. Smile

Blah, i hate U2, also.
ubbadubba Wrote:I didn't mean to stir up so much controversy with my Bono comments.

You didn't, ubba; it was my fault and my big, running mouth, and I'm sorry for taking the thread so off-topic. Thank you for the review!

Re: Silverchair and Ours. God, that would be heaven.
murphy's law hijacked my 1st Silverchair chance last August..they played my town the weekend I was in CA for a family reunion. I hope they come back again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Album Name and Release Date! eveofabyss 124 13,259 12-31-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  Favorite to date? Xxtayce 9 1,080 07-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Last Post: eveofabyss
  album release party - may 14 jmwood42 1 794 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Review by Blogger of Culture Fix show Cbrend11 1 526 08-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Boston date, please? drkdglr13 11 912 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Record Release Party Pix powernoize 8 1,464 08-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Last Post: chilibun
  1st week of tour starlit 2 717 05-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Last Post: rosty
  Ours on this week's episode of "The Wedge". Idiotjed 15 1,354 07-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Idiotjed
  according to all the websites now RELEASE DATE APRIL 15TH andre44 2 678 04-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sanzen
  [APRIL FOOLS joke]: Ugh... the release date of MERCY was pushed back yet AGAIN Fiasco! 27 2,338 04-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Formica Linoleum