Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra, Extra!  Ours Video on Myspace NOW!!!
No prob, KTB.

My abbreviated two cents:  In this video we see a reiteration of the  "abandoned infant-hero" mythic archetype.  I like the video, overall.  I agree that the words might be a bit overdone, and the cheerleader is like straight out of the "Nevermind" video or something, but aside from those minor details, I'm really impressed!  (And really, the cheerleader is, as someone pointed out, a necessary marketing tie-in.)  The video really complements the dynamics of the song.  Can't wait to see God Only Wants You!!!
1818, March 18?
Wouldn't that make it 1803? ;-)

And anyway, what is this 19th century date doing in this medieval setting apropos of nothing??
Did this remind anyone of Lord of the Rings meets Pans Labyrinth?

Nearly all of Maxxis's videos are shot like this.  Look at pics on his site from other videos, and watch some of them.  They are done with these old-school camera's and they are all weird and have aspects of torture in them.  I think that Jimmy wanted this vibe.  After all, he said that he liked Maxxis' work and couldn't wait to shoot the video. I like it, but the Live Again! in the middle is pushing it. I like the text at the beginning and at the end, but none in the middle is really necessary. Plus, the Font they use for the writing isn't old school enough, its too times new roman
okay, i watched it again, and I love everything about it. Jimmy looks like Adrian Brody when he is lying on the table in the end. The camera work in this is fantastic
yeah, this video is creepy as shit. its sick!
i forgot to mention before that my favourite part of the video is when Jimmy's rowing the boat, i just think he looks badass in those scenes.
:punk:
(and that baby is NOT happy lol)
Trathena Wrote:Wouldn't that make it 1803? ;-)

And anyway, what is this 19th century date doing in this medieval setting apropos of nothing??

Medieval? I thought it was very Mary Shelly or Bram Stoker Victorian. Especially the funeral carriage with two black horses.
Well, I was kinda mocking my earlier posts there. And clearly doing a bad job at it. :-)
beautifulghost Wrote:(and that baby is NOT happy lol)

Well, he's about to be banished and killed! But you'd think he'd cheer up once he was in Jimmy's arms, y'know? Wink
Awesome vid caps on the main page, whoever did em.
They should put them up on myspace.
Fiasco! Wrote:But you'd think he'd cheer up once he was in Jimmy's arms, y'know? Wink

I know I would have cheered up immensely.

Trathena Wrote:Well, I was kinda mocking my earlier posts there. And clearly doing a bad job at it. :-)

Sorry about missing that - self parody obviously doesn't translate well when the reader doesn't take adequate notice of the whole thread. :wink2:
Pirate Girl Wrote:Sorry about missing that - self parody obviously doesn't translate well when the reader doesn't take adequate notice of the whole thread. :wink2:

Ha! You're so great.
:detective: Has anyone else noticed Jimmy's wearing his white ONE campaign bracelet throughout the video? try explaining that to the 19th century people
:wink2:
Fighting poverty is more important than your purist nit-picking, BG!! ;-)
what... is he bono or something? Wink
Quote:Fighting poverty is more important than your purist nit-picking, BG!! ;-)

true. and i believe Jimmy is trying to raise awareness for Mystics everywhere....
that no nation, no matter what century they live in, should have to be impoverished! :grin:

beautifulghost Wrote::detective: Has anyone else noticed Jimmy's wearing his white ONE campaign bracelet throughout the video? try explaining that to the 19th century people
:wink2:

The Mystic stands on a street corner in old London town, proferring his wares from a folding table...

"Roll up, roll up... a dozen Lucifer matches guvnor? How about a dozen dolly pegs for your good wife? And while you're at it, how about a make poverty history bracelet for your little 'uns - guaranteed to wash clean after a long day cleaning chimneys and all profits go to help starving pikaninis on the dark continent."
Oh, Pirate Girl. You are amazingly wonderful.

Ok, they really, really, really need to correct the spelling of "foretold." Otherwise, they're going to look extremely stupid. Not as stupid as this:

[Image: mlk_small.jpg]

But pretty damn stupid.
video on youtube:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  video dedication blasko66 7 1,355 11-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Xxtayce
  Gnecco Vocal Range Video holydiver 14 2,220 08-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Last Post: jade
  old maxxis video request starlit 4 927 07-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Last Post: starlit
  'Devil' Music Video eveofabyss 8 973 08-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: inn
  new maxxis video in the works! starlit 20 2,565 08-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Username
  "mystery" video premiere starlit 8 1,108 07-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  Bring You Home VIDEO SarahBeth 28 3,606 08-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Worst Things Beautiful on Daughtry's Myspace Playlist! SarahBeth 2 610 05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Last Post: lifer_refil
  Looking For A Particular Ours Video Trathena 16 1,515 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Last Post: redjez
  New Myspace Blog from Jimmy! SarahBeth 2 673 04-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Stars Die