Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra, Extra!  Ours Video on Myspace NOW!!!
I think its a take on Frankenstein, where they take the so called monsters like those of a different color, or sexual preference, or just freaks covered in tattoos, things that society deems imperfect and turns them into what our society sees as lily white perfection, thus they will be excepted by God. One time after a show Jimmy told me he was concerned about the re-action to his rant in the song Black, thinking it was against African-Americans when in truth its the exact opposite, its a rant about those who try to suppress people for being different reguardless of their color or sexual pref. I think that that's what the vidoes are trying to portray as well, in truth God wants you inspite of all the flaws. but that just my take on it
Holy crap! GOWY is amazing! The chiaroscuro-ish look is reminiscent of DL-era photos and video.

Oh, and the smile at the end is such a perfect touch!
The video is pretty cool, but in my personal opinion, I think the tempo of the song is too fast. It sounds rushed. I liked the song better slower. It had more of an emotional effect.
Quote:I think its a take on Frankenstein, where they take the so called monsters like those of a different color, or sexual preference, or just freaks covered in tattoos, things that society deems imperfect and turns them into what our society sees as lily white perfection, thus they will be excepted by God. One time after a show Jimmy told me he was concerned about the re-action to his rant in the song Black, thinking it was against African-Americans when in truth its the exact opposite, its a rant about those who try to suppress people for being different reguardless of their color or sexual pref. I think that that's what the vidoes are trying to portray as well, in truth God wants you inspite of all the flaws. but that just my take on it

and lets not forget the group of people most prejudiced against by all other groups....atheists. Confusedad2:

Quote:look is reminiscent of DL-era photos and video
I thought the same thing....especially with the medicine bottles and fire and such.....and the naked girls

BTW they fixed the spelling of "foretold" on the YouTube version of Live Again and i messaged the editor about the "guardian" mishap.....I'm picky like that. :twisted:
The video is beautiful, but I am surprised at homosexuality being lumped in with deformities. But the scientist considers them "perfect," right? I'm not really sure of the meaning of it.

What confuses me is that the red-skinned girl seems to be not actually red-skinned, but rather wearing a mask.

Has the boy grown up to be "evil"? Did anyone else get a real creepy vibe from his experiments?

Oh, and the spelling in Part I has been corrected, so hopefully this one will be too.
beautifulghost Wrote:and lets not forget the group of people most prejudiced against by all other groups....atheists. Confusedad2:

What??
I'm totally speechless...

At first, I was disappointed that it had been sped up. But then after listening to it again, i fell totally in love with it.

And the video... I'm not sure which I like better.
and lets not forget the group of people most prejudiced against by all other groups....atheists.

Yeah God even wants atheists, atheists just dont want God.

I finely got to hear the song thru my headphones and its incredible. It dawned on me that he starts it with the ending of Mercy so these to songs merge, very cool I cant wait to get my hands on this CD
lsnowden Wrote:Yeah God even wants atheists, atheists just dont want God.

What??
I don't think it makes sense to have a gay couple as one of the experiments because it's something that occurs in nature anyway. It would be unusual if someone had created a person with completely red skin and a person with no face, but no one could have "invented" homosexuality.

The narration is just ridiculous. I can understand having it at the beginning of the videos, but the comments and such during the song are really unnecessary.

I love the parts with Jimmy in the picture frame, though.
I have fallen completely in love with this song.
So I've watched it like 3x since I got home. I really love the video, more so than Live Again.
I'm not great with interpreting story lines, so I'll leave that up to the rest of you.

As for the music:

I don't feel the song is fast.
I do love the harmonies but I'm not really into the double tracking on the first verse.
It kinda takes away from the desperation and sadness that a single voice would provide to these kinda lyrics and vocal melody.
We've all heard it a million x, I never imagined it being double tracked. His voice doesn't need it.
The scream is awesome.

The music doesn't sound much different than the live versions.

guys..the live version is like a sister-song to this. I like it..but I'm not sure if I will receive the full effect of the power that song has had live.

The video..I can't come up with the word I want..not masochistic nor Ithyphallic but there is something sorta in a lost-soul ideal with much of it. Like a ritual and mindset is possessed and not what it once was..from light to dark.
Whenever I get my mind focused I'll post a real comment. but I did like the video, not as much as I like the first one but this one was nice (than again, I've only watched it once so far) and normally I was never a huge fan of this song, I liked it. but eh, I thought they could have picked something better for the album. when I heard it live for the first time I loved it. but than on recordings it didn't do it for me.
I've always thought it was too slow :OMG:

but this is niiiiice, I'm falling in love with it for the first time.. gonna watch again a few more times :grin:
Trathena Wrote:The video is beautiful, but I am surprised at homosexuality being lumped in with deformities. But the scientist considers them "perfect," right? I'm not really sure of the meaning of it.

My take is that the scientist is analogous to a creator entity (God, if you will), and, as the middle eastern religions proclaim, all that God makes is good and purposeful. The different people created by the scientist represent the diversity that is present in mankind, and it is perfect in the eyes of the scientist (as in the eyes of God). So, I guess in my opinion, I don't think the intention was to represent various deformities, but to represent differences/diversities (that some might construe as flaws) in all their perfection.

So do you think the "red-skinned" woman and the "brown-skinned" man are representatives of oppressed minorities in America, and so that's why homosexuals are included with them?
I'm not sure. When I watch the video, the concepts speak to me of diversity in general. But, I suppose it's due to diversity that each of us will interpret the videos differently and extract different meanings from them!Confusedmile2:
Quote:still not really sure how these stories are supposed to connect....
or why there was a gay couple mixed in with the other "weird experiments" visually he basically said that homosexuals are freaks.  hope that doesn't cast a bad light on the band.
I guess it could be taken as the scientist was an outcast, so he's making a family of outcasts for himself....which is slightly less offensive.

quoting myself here cause apparently noone goes back and reads the other pages :p:

btw guys, Ours has an official *i think* youtube profile and it has live again up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/oursmusic
Maxxis should do all of Ours' videos from now on. The band has a pretty unique image now. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  video dedication blasko66 7 1,355 11-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Xxtayce
  Gnecco Vocal Range Video holydiver 14 2,220 08-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Last Post: jade
  old maxxis video request starlit 4 927 07-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Last Post: starlit
  'Devil' Music Video eveofabyss 8 973 08-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: inn
  new maxxis video in the works! starlit 20 2,565 08-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Username
  "mystery" video premiere starlit 8 1,108 07-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  Bring You Home VIDEO SarahBeth 28 3,606 08-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Worst Things Beautiful on Daughtry's Myspace Playlist! SarahBeth 2 610 05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Last Post: lifer_refil
  Looking For A Particular Ours Video Trathena 16 1,515 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Last Post: redjez
  New Myspace Blog from Jimmy! SarahBeth 2 673 04-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Stars Die