Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra, Extra!  Ours Video on Myspace NOW!!!
Log-in and view here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...s.showvids&friendID=150037852&n=150037852&MyToken=627ff2db-6789-416c-af98-a93db594e267
On my way.
Yeah, that was good. I like the whole vibe of it. I still don't get how the whole cheerleader thing fits into it, but at least it wasn't another of those "Hey, there's a hot chick in our video" and the idea doesn't extend much beyond that.
LOVE it! But they spelled Foretold wrong which kind of irks me, hahaha.. But yay Jimmy :O)
I wonder if the other band members kinda feel like the dudes in No Doubt.
Wow Wow Wow! Love it!
Yessssssssssss! Just saw it in my email.
Quote:I still don't get how the whole cheerleader thing fits into it, but at least it wasn't another of those "Hey, there's a hot chick in our video" and the idea doesn't extend much beyond that.

Oh gosh. I completely wish this could be 100% positive. But, thisotherkingdom, that's exactly what the cheerleader is. This video is some kind of beautiful, medieval, Arthurian drama, and suddenly a 20th century piece of ass shows up apropos of nothing?? What the hell?

I would have RATHER the video been nothing but the guys at a strip club getting hammered, than this gorgeous piece of cinematography practically ruined by this weird girl showing up outta nowhere.

Doesn't make sense.
I thought we knew eachother on a first name basis, missy.

But yeah, it's perplexing.  I was just saying, at least the whole video wasn't just some chick waving red-haired skulls around.  It only pops up for about 10 seconds.

And I'd hardly say it was about sex appeal.  It's just that there's some random girl that pops in, which seems to have nothing to do with anything.  Most videos these days are nothing BUT the camera focused on some good looking girl the entire video.
Hee! Ok, well if it's OK to post your "real" name, then Michael, that's EXACTLY what she is! :-)

Oh, and I too miss the other band mates. But I just reread Jimmy's sweet, grammatically correct email, and he says this is one part of a two-part video, so I'm gonna shut up with the criticisms now and hope that the second video has some kind of explanation for the cheerleader.
thisotherkingdom Wrote:Most videos these days are nothing BUT the camera focused on some good looking girl the entire video.

Yeah, it's like we've returned to the 80s.

edited because: yeah, they're skulls. nevermind.
Anyone wanna post the accompanying e-mail? I'm not on the mailing list.

Hi Everyone. Thank you for coming out and supporting us on this Manson tour. We really appreciate it, and it's comforting knowing that many of you are out there. This is the first part of a 2 song video that we made with Director Michael Maxxis. We shot it in Edmonton Canada over a period of 5 days. We hope you like it.

Jimmy Gnecco

Click here to watch the video
Trathena Wrote:
Quote:I still don't get how the whole cheerleader thing fits into it, but at least it wasn't another of those "Hey, there's a hot chick in our video" and the idea doesn't extend much beyond that.

Oh gosh. I completely wish this could be 100% positive. But, thisotherkingdom, that's exactly what the cheerleader is. This video is some kind of beautiful, medieval, Arthurian drama, and suddenly a 20th century piece of ass shows up apropos of nothing?? What the hell?

I would have RATHER the video been nothing but the guys at a strip club getting hammered, than this gorgeous piece of cinematography practically ruined by this weird girl showing up outta nowhere.

Doesn't make sense.
Yeah I'm waiting for it to be explained why the cheerleader is holding the skulls (at this point you can't see that they are skulls) in part of the story

I can't wait for GOWY - I want to know what's up with the laboratory.... I think this video was shot beautifully but that the image should tell the story and not rely so much on the text. I wonder if and how this will relate to GOWY, I have a feeling you need to see both in order to understand Live Again's video.
I can kinda make out that they're skulls.. but maybe that's just me.
what I meant was that we know it's the 'three-headed cheerleader' but that it isn't obvious or very clear that it is.
Personally, if we didn't have the tela icon, or the whole "Well-Endowed Cheerleader". I wouldn't even think that it was supposed to be a cheerleader type thing, with the whole mystical storyline in the video. I saw it as maybe just some kinda witchy voodoo or forest dweller or something.
but it had to be a pretty girl, so it throws that off. maybe they should have ditched the makeup on her.
ignore me, I'm rambling. anyway, I could care less about that. anyone notice that the masked person in the boat is wearing the same mask as Static used to wear on stage?

also it's part one of two. we need to see GOWY to fully understand it.
loved this one though. Confusedmile2:
Wished For None Wrote:anyone notice that the masked person in the boat is wearing the same mask as Static used to wear on stage?

YESYES!! I wasn't sure, though, if it was the same one, or if I was just seeing things, hehe ^,^

Also, about the "hot" cheerleader-type, I didn't even see her in that way, oddly enough. I loved the video, with or without her! Exciting stuff, can't wait for God Only Wants you.
Personally I totally agree that it could have done without all the words and explanations... I feel like its maybe a lack of confidence that the video or art or whatever can tell a story on its own. Otherwise I thought the shooting and camera work were great, and I really like the play with the focus and light and dark. I just would rather not have the story written out so I could figure out for myself what was going on rather than being stuck to one story, it makes things more interesting. Art school will make you a tough critic...

The cheerleader was kind of odd in there, but since it had all sorts of stuff about mystics and strange things its not that weird, but I liked just seeing her shadow better... and what about that chicken at the end??
I didn't mind the text so much, but they did go a little overboard with it. Especially in the beginning.

I don't know why they cut out the frame that said, "Oh by the way, here's a cheerleader."

I'm sorry for being so critical, I really did enjoy the video.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  video dedication blasko66 7 1,355 11-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Xxtayce
  Gnecco Vocal Range Video holydiver 14 2,220 08-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Last Post: jade
  old maxxis video request starlit 4 927 07-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Last Post: starlit
  'Devil' Music Video eveofabyss 8 973 08-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: inn
  new maxxis video in the works! starlit 20 2,565 08-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Username
  "mystery" video premiere starlit 8 1,108 07-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  Bring You Home VIDEO SarahBeth 28 3,606 08-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  Worst Things Beautiful on Daughtry's Myspace Playlist! SarahBeth 2 610 05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Last Post: lifer_refil
  Looking For A Particular Ours Video Trathena 16 1,515 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Last Post: redjez
  New Myspace Blog from Jimmy! SarahBeth 2 673 04-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Stars Die