Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board Performance
I guess I'll just say the obvious. The board has been very slow for days, and now it seems to just time out, and posts are repeated when we reload.

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case you don't, I thought I'd put this out there to see if others are experiencing the same thing.
yep..thanks Trathena.
For me too. I figured we crashed the board again (like we crashed the board when the Domestic Disturbance radio thing was going on)
I'm sure things will be back to normal soon.
We as a community really need to invest in vBulletin. Time for a donation drive.
well i'm really glad this board is back!!!
yeah I have missed this place, and it crashed just as the cd was released. I think Jlatham is right, its time to reach into our pockets to help
Well thank goodness. And thank you to whoever runs this place.
agreed!! lemme know how i can help support this! and at last, i can grab hayley's addy and send her promised signed cd insert- will get it out to ya tonight, sweetie!!
I know of one person who can't access the board. And it's not accepting cookies, I don't think.

And is it all white for everyone else?
yep, all white Sad
Trathena Wrote:I know of one person who can't access the board. And it's not accepting cookies, I don't think.

And is it all white for everyone else?

Yeah--I can't view it with Firefox, possibly due to my "adblock" add-on. I can, however, view it with Internet Explorer, but it has a white border around it.

EDIT: Everything seems to be working now. I can view it properly in both browsers.
Yay, the board's working again! What an awful time for it to crash.

Does anyone else find it strange that there's no official forum on Ours.net? Thank goodness for this place! Confusedmile2:
northstar80 Wrote:Yeah--I can't view it with Firefox, possibly due to my "adblock" add-on. I can, however, view it with Internet Explorer, but it has a white border around it.

Oh my! Using IE, the colored background works! The hell?
I can set up my own board, I've just never been able to figure out how to create a MYSQL database
The board is all white again. And when I try to post, I get this error message:

Warning: fopen(./inc/cache/killtheband/stats.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\sites\createmybb\inc\class_datacache.php on line 85

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\sites\createmybb\inc\class_datacache.php on line 88

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\sites\createmybb\inc\class_datacache.php on line 89

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\sites\createmybb\inc\class_datacache.php:85) in C:\sites\createmybb\inc\functions.php on line 336

In order to force my post to go through, I just backspace, refresh, and the post is there.
Yep. It's all white again.

I'm viewing the page with Firefox.

If I view it with Internet Explorer, the color is fine, but it has a white border around it.
Same here - keep getting that warning...
I kind of wanted to set up a forum on Ours-Online, but I didn't want to because I really like this place and everyone else does too. But I guess createmybb is pretty crappy as far as reliability.

If Mike needs any help setting up a forum for this place, I think I could help in figuring it out! KTB is great. =)
OK, here's a weird question I have about the board.

Every once in awhile, it stops showing me when new posts are up. Does that make sense? I don't know enough about technology to explain this perfectly, but it's like the board stops accepting my cookies (sounds dirty!).

So, I'll come to the board, and the main page will show that there are new posts, but when I click on the forum, there are not "new post" icons.

And other times? It will say that I have a new PM, but I don't. This doesn't happen all of the time, but it does sometimes. Often enough that it's annoying.

Is any of this making sense? And if it is, do others notice this?

And if you know how I can fix this, will you walk me through it?
OK, now?

Check this out!

So there are new posts, but the main page doesn't show them.

However! It's telling me that there is a new post in this but I know damn well there isn't. Just my post.

See? See??? Am I going mad here?