Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERCY Street Date: April 1st, 2008?
At the show tonight, Jimmy said the new album was to be out April 1st on Columbia. Did he mis-speak, or did the date change from March 18th?
wha???

I guess he would know better than the rest of us, but every promo thing has said March 18th...

if it's April my guess would be to give the band enough time to tour/support the CD since this current tour ends early march.
Perhaps it is an april fool's joke and we will find out the album has been postponed until 2009!
HAHA.....too fucking funny.
Is anyone really suprised?
what the FUCK!! :mad:
I realize it's only a 2 week difference BUT we've been waiting on this thing for like 6 YEARS!!!!!!!!!
6 Fucking years! and pushing this thing back 2 more weeks is just going to lead to MORE discontent, because it's been pushed back BEFORE MANY TIMES and it STILL hasn't come out yet.......

If it doesn't come out by April 1st, i'm going to be SOOOOOO pissed.

I really hope if this is true it's to give the guys a bit of a break before going out on another year long tour, that's about the only reason i'll accept. No record company BULLSHIT......

*leaves to go find some tranquillity*
wolf22fireriv is right. This could just be an April Fool's joke. But Jimmy should know better. Joking about the release date is not funny!! :-)

I'm just gonna, "la-la-la, April Fools," until further notice.
I'm hoping the date is the same... I had something planned around the week of. Confusedad2:
Quote:Availability: This title will be released on March 18, 2008. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

http://www.amazon.com/Mercy-Dancing-Ours..._2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1202241405&sr=8-2

Relax. Until Amazon or their official Myspace changes, let's just keep believing it's March 18th.
yeah I was pretty shocked when he said that. Granted, I was probably the only one at the show who even realized the date was different. It would of been ok if he said "we have a new album out in a few weeks" or "in less than 2 months" but I heard him say specifically April 1st. And April 1st is a Tuesday (like March 18th).
I think it'd be cool if it was released on April Fools.... considering how many times we've heard "soon" and have it turn to years and then a date and have that change...
yeah it would..I actually can relate to that with an online friend whose band "Demians" debut album supposedly is due around the same time (we'll see). Some of his fans have been waiting nearly 4 years for it too. It would be rather ironic if those 2 long-awaited albums came out on the same day, and that was April Fools too, lol.
Yeah, one of my other favorite artists, Matthew Ryan, is releasing his latest album on April 1, too--he chose that date on purpose. At least it's easy to remember. I kinda don't think Jimmy would joke about his release date, particularly as it would hurt sales during the first two weeks if it were still coming out on 3/18. So, it looks like it was bumped back another two weeks. Oh, well. At least now I only have to make one trip to the record store!
I've been watching KTB for a while but have never left any messages.

I spoke with Jimmy recently and the release date is April 1st. The music machine is a notoriously slow thing. In the case of this record its obviously been ridiculous. Keep in mind Dreamworks was sold, his contract was assigned to Geffen and they didn't think Jimmy was pop enough (read boy band). The fact that Rick Rubin was named head of Columbia was the best thing that ever happened to him. RR was smart to delay the release of the record because he changed a large part of the staff in promo, A&R ... The delay to April 1st could simply be because of printing or pressing delays.

There is a really cool color 2-sided poster out with a band picture on one side and the CD art on the other. Grab them if you see them. They have the old release date on them and probably wont be around for long.

After the MM tour Jimmy's going to take some time off. He needs to rest his throat and relax a little. Circa Survive and MM have taken it's toll.

More later.
thanks Lobo..I was beginning to wonder if I was hallucinating when I heard that, lol.

Wish I could have found a poster, altho even had their been some hung up the other night, there was next to no chance for me to find one as it was way too fucking mobbed. I had a hard time just getting out the door.
So it's April 1st now... ehhh, I guess it's only a few weeks. not months/years like it had always been. so I'm not complaining :detective:

Stars Die Wrote:I'm hoping the date is the same... I had something planned around the week of. Confusedad2:

See I TOLD you we should switch to the week of your birthday... well now I know what I'm getting you :devil:
Until there is an official word, I am keepin my head up. None of the online record stores have changed it, yeah I know from Jimmy's mouth, but damn it, I want it ASAP.
yea, i was a bit bummed when i heard april 1 at the show too. but alas, it's been 6 years, what's another 2 weeks?
Alrighty then, I'll just pretend I didn't read any of this... later!
I had a dream last night and in part of the dream I was at an Ours show and they had this sign up with the release date on it April 01 and the date kept going up, you know, tearing pages off a day calendar. Okay, so that was more like a nightmare.

I drive up to Denver tomorrow to catch them on Wednesday. Yay!
They're going to have to tour in promotion when the album drops. And they definately could use a couple weeks off inbetween the end of the Manson tour and when they set out again. I think we all need to stop being so selfish. It's only two damn weeks further.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Album Name and Release Date! eveofabyss 124 13,259 12-31-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  MERCY...D.D.I.E. HOURS 2 871 05-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Last Post: HOURS
  Favorite to date? Xxtayce 9 1,080 07-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Last Post: eveofabyss
  Boston date, please? drkdglr13 11 912 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  B-side / other Mercy recordings spaz 17 1,982 07-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fiasco!
  Meaning of "Mercy" cclus 6 1,028 02-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Last Post: AnimateFemale
Question Mercy (alternate, white cover) ? SoundscapeMN 9 1,268 02-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Nine
  Vote for Ours on Y-Rock XPN's 2008 best of list! Fiasco! 3 588 12-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Formica Linoleum
  Mercy - The Song - In Retrospect Nine 19 2,170 09-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Fiasco!
  Alternative Press Magazine Feature/Interview May 2008 SoundscapeMN 21 3,529 07-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Sparrowhawk