Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Nine Inch Nails fans?
I am not a *huge* fan or anything, but they do give me immense pleasure when I listen in small doses :detective:

Anyway, last night, a new 36 track album (all instrumentals) was released on the NIN website, where you have the option to download/pay for as little (or as much) as you want.  I've yet to hear any of it, though I plan on it today.

If anyone's interested, here's the linky:

Ghosts I - IV
I'm interested only in tracks 19 and 22, the drummer of the Dresden Dolls (who opened up for NIN in 2005), Brian Viglione plays on those tracks and well, that's what I want to hear!

heh.
I downloaded it but haven't gotten a chance to really listen to it yet. I was happy to hear of Brian from the Dresden Dolls drumming on it though. I seem to be listening to them a lot lately.
It's...
Boooooriiiiing.
Boaring can equal good sleeping music *shrug* I still haven't listened though. My nin obsessed friend shelled out $300 for the limited edition thing. He loves it but to each their own I suppose. I'll give it a listen when I'm not so preoccupied with other musics.
Soooo soooo many musics so so little time Tongue
I was going to say in my previous post that the album "made me sleepy.... but not in a good way" hehe. I myself, LOVE sleepy music (being a fan of bands like Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree/Blackfield, Patrick Watson, etc etc).. but this was boring in the sense that, well, I was *bored* while listening, hehe.
Ok now I'm intrigued and must listen now. Tongue
*goes to do just that*
Hope you like it! Smile I'm too hard on NIN, I guess. Anything that isn't The Fragile doesn't do much for me Wink
I used to absolutely LOVE NIN about 10 years ago. Now I can't even be arsed downloading this, free or not.
So I've listened to it now and it's ok nothing spectacular but not horrible either. Could listen to it as I try to sleep or read etc makes for decent background noise which is nice to have sometimes.
I'm a fan of NIN. I even love With Teeth. I havn't listened to all of it yet, but I've enjoyed these instrumentals. I don't think there will ever be a time when I will be able to say, "Oh yes! on Ghosts III, at 3:19, when the drums kick in . . ." I don't think I'll memorize this album that well, like I have the others.

But like QuietShadow says, these songs are perfect for playing in the background during a dinner or a party where you're all sitting around talking. Great music for that. And for those of us who can't play rock while studying. Great study music.

Great sex music? I'm not sure yet. Have to listen more.
Exactly I liked With Teeth too and even Year Zero but yeah I'm not getting into this like the others. But it's good music to read to or something like that.Not sure about sex music but it could work for that too. Wouldn't be my first choice but it'd work.
Year Zero was the best album I heard in 2007. Just my opinion, but that album is near flawless.
anyone d/l the free album "the slip"?? Some of the songs remind me of AWITHA_TEETHA, but it's still good IMHO. I'll be seeing them in August as well...
I've downloaded it, and I'm surprised that I've not listened to it yet. I'm listening to Sigur Ros right now.

I'm seeing them in August too, if I can get tickets. It seems they usually sell out very quickly.
spaz Wrote:AWITHA_TEETHA

That made me laugh, ehhehe
I liked the slip I agree it does kind of have a sort of with teeth feel. I've decided not to get tickets for them this tour because where I am right now I'm not sure where I'll be in August.
Thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten all about it. It's d/l-ing now
no prob...

got my tickets yesterday for the CT show in August. Confusedmile2:
KidA Wrote:I am not a *huge* fan or anything, but they do give me immense pleasure when I listen in small doses

Are you ready for a small dose of intense pleasure? I stumbled across this gem the other day that I've not seen for a couple of years. Laydeez and Gents, I give you The Becoming:

I've downloaded The Slip and one day I'll get round to listening to it. I'm having a major HIM revival at the moment so I can't be that choosy if I'll voluntarily listen to a band write the same song over and over for a decade. :grin:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dredg Fans- Link To Webrip Leak Of The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion toolerawk 21 7,747 12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Last Post: devinemarko
  Distrails (Fans of NEVERENDING WHITE LIGHTS + others) SoundscapeMN 6 1,073 02-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Last Post: thinktwice
  The Antlers: I REALLY THINK MORE OURS FANS SHOULD HEAR THEM SoundscapeMN 9 1,206 01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Nine Inch nails - Wave Goodbye tour digenger 8 1,282 09-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Last Post: spaz
  SCOTT MATTHEWS (Jeff Buckley fans esp) SoundscapeMN 6 949 06-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  Blindside Fans? dmmtv 6 911 05-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Last Post: digenger
  For fans of the heavy: my band's new EP Sinistas 2 652 11-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Last Post: GridWave
  Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero jlatham 4 819 05-29-2007, 03:31 AM
Last Post: hellomargo
  Uk fans... inn 8 1,232 06-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Last Post: inn