Remove Ads

Poll: How old are you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
# < 16
0%
0 0%
16 - 19
8.89%
4 8.89%
20 - 29
71.11%
32 71.11%
30 - 35
11.11%
5 11.11%
# > 35
8.89%
4 8.89%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age is only a number!
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what the average age was of posters here!

I didn't really spend much time figuring out what age ranges to put in th poll... but I'm curious how many young fans we have in relation to older ones.
27 here.
I'll be 21 in july
Wished For None Wrote:I'll be 21 in july
Me too!

July 3rd, it's a thursday... :-D

(if anyone is around NYC and wants to celebrate with me and my twin sister and a group of people, holla!)
Quarter of a century old here...ahem, 25.
31 ..but as I say..I can pass for 23 still :grin:
I'll be 23 in June... my husband's birthday is on the 18th of this month, and he'll be 31. We were SO excited when the release date was set for that day! But now, we're excited for Wished For None and Stars Die to be together on that day!! Wink
I think it's absolutely adorable to have a significant other just as thrilled about Ours as you are hehe.

I'm single now... but my twin sister likes the band a lot so I have a listening buddy too... but it's not the same Wink
I'm 16. I'll be 17 next month.

I started listening to Ours in May or June 2005... so I had just turned 14.

My mom is probably almost as thrilled about Ours as I am. I got her into them.:grin:
lilienvanluxe Wrote:I'm 16. I'll be 17 next month.

I started listening to Ours in May or June 2005... so I had just turned 14.

My mom is probably almost as thrilled about Ours as I am. I got her into them.:grin:
:clap: nice

I got my sister into them, and I tried to get my brother into them too but when I gave him DL to listen to in his car, he returned in to me and said "I don't like acoustic stuff" Confusedhock: hahaha... this was a few years ago, maybe he'd like them better now =P
Fiasco! Wrote:
Me too!

(if anyone is around NYC and wants to celebrate with me and my twin sister and a group of people, holla!)

july 10th for me. well I wont be around the NY area then, but I'll be at your party in spirit :detective:

KidA Wrote:I'll be 23 in June...  my husband's birthday is on the 18th of this month, and he'll be 31.  We were SO excited when the release date was set for that day!  But now, we're excited for Wished For None and Stars Die to be together on that day!!  Wink

:clap:
time for the cougar fan base to chime in! LOL!!!  43 and been into this band since i was 36!  when i first started checking out the background info, i read a comment by jimmy that his fan base spans the age spectrum, and was pleased that he could appreciate that fact.  i have always hung out with all differently aged folks, and believe that age only matters in wine and cheese.  you either got it or ya don't, no matter how young or how old.  

(btw- loved lifer's quarter of a century quip! marilyn munroe had a line in "some like it hot" when asked her age:  " quarter of a century- makes a girl think!")
28. And I most certainly have it.
Fiasco! Wrote:
Me too!

Me three! And mine is just a day after on the 4th. :grin: Wow you were born just hours before me. hehe
I'm 27, but I look ten yrs+ younger. I work at a youth detention center. On my first day, the director wondered why I was walking around in street clothes; he thought I was a resident. It wouldn't have been so funny then, but now... I snicker.

My husband is a few days from being 24. I got him into Ours. Now that I'm thinking about it, we both became fans at the age of 20.

My mom quite likes Ours too. She loves the "butterfly song" (I'm a Monster). She's cute.
20 here, 21 next month Big Grin

Hmmm WFN...

hurry up and get here already!!! :grin:
I'm 26, and I'll be 27 in June. Since this has become a whole confession thread, I was first told about Ours back in 2004. I downloaded a couple songs, enjoyed them, and it just so happend Jimmy was playing a solo acoustic show in Chicago in just a week or two. So I went, and the rest is history.

My girlfriend is now also a huge fan. I raved about Ours immediately ("You have to hear this guy's voice!"), so she's been a fan just as long. Although she hasn't been lucky enough to see Jimmy or the band in a great venue yet. She saw them in Milwaukee at the Summerfest and opening for Dredg in Chicago. Both pretty short sets.

I'm still hoping she gets the chance to see them in an intimate venue like Schuba's. Only not in July. She's really affected negatively by heat, and the whole no air conditioning thing made even ME lose 5 pounds through sweating.
thisotherkingdom Wrote:I'm still hoping she gets the chance to see them in an intimate venue like Schuba's.  Only not in July.  She's really affected negatively by heat, and the whole no air conditioning thing made even ME lose 5 pounds through sweating.

I almost went to see Jimmy there once. I didn't know there isn't any AC in Schuba's. This makes me glad I didn't go. I couldn't even imagine being a musician playing there under hot lights, and then no AC.
Formica Linoleum Wrote:
thisotherkingdom Wrote:I'm still hoping she gets the chance to see them in an intimate venue like Schuba's.  Only not in July.  She's really affected negatively by heat, and the whole no air conditioning thing made even ME lose 5 pounds through sweating.

I almost went to see Jimmy there once. I didn't know there isn't any AC in Schuba's. This makes me glad I didn't go. I couldn't even imagine being a musician playing there under hot lights, and then no AC.

The band requested they turn the AC off because Jimmy doesn't like the effect it has on his voice. They were doing this at pretty much every venue on that tour. Personally, I don't think the benefit could be so great that you'd want your audience standing around in 110 degree heat. I took my friend with me the second night, and we had to leave early because it was so unbearable. Both of us had sweated through our shirts just standing there, and we were all the way in back.