Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm in Dredg's top myspace friends... I'll be interviewing Drew!
Hey guys, I'm excited to announce that I'm in the works of setting up an interview with Drew, the bassist and album art artist, of Dredg for my radio show Penguins in the Desert (which of course is named after the dredg song/symbolism).

[edit] Our interview with Drew will be on our last show of the semester, May 11th!
If all goes according to plan, the interview should be happening April 13th.
The show before we're interview Kristen, the singer of Vedera (who opened for dredg actually in 2005). Anyway, if you guys have questions you'd like me to ask or whatever - feel free to post and I'll definitely take them into consideration. Obvious ones about Dredg's upcoming new CD are a given but feel free to throw 'em in here too.

More details are on our myspace page and will update with info ASAP
http://myspace.com/WHRWpenguins

Also, I imagine as a result of setting this up with drew over myspace, our myspace profile has been added to Dredg's top 16 friends... haha so fucking neat! For a short time we were in Ours' official top friends and then we were removed by my personal myspace was in Ours' top friends and then well that damn handbag profile or whateve replaced me... but join me in my excitement about the Dredg top friends (yay promo)

http://myspace.com/dredg
Congratulations, Hayley. I saw when Drew answered you on the dredg board and I smiled all by myself for you. I'm sure that was a thrill.

You're smart, talented, with crazy-awesome taste in music. You're going to be a force to be reckoned with in music critic circles one day, lady!

As far as questions go, I'm at a loss, but I'll think of one eventually I'm sure.
Hayley..awesome for you!..and yeah..I think all of Traversing is gonna demand you get something concrete out of him about the new album..hehe

but yah..I know the drill..I'll certainly pass the word along like with the Kiss Kiss interview..to the necessary forums again.

And you lucky..ya know..I was recently put on Soundscape's top friends at least :clap:..lol..but I can't even imagine how many bands I try and promote that I'd flip over getting that priviledge (but of course have not, lol)
You lucky woman. What a nice job to have. Interviewing your favorite musicians...
Sanzen Wrote:You lucky woman. What a nice job to have. Interviewing your favorite musicians...
it's not a job, it's a hobby... the radio part, the interviews, we'll that's just skill Wink

(and sometimes luck!)

I'm a political science major, I work at the campus radio station as a Public Relations director purely as an extracurricular - no $ earned, but I spend lots of time there and I love love love having my radio show, it makes me happy Smile
What do you plan/hope to do with your political science degree, Hayley?

My question for Drew: What was the last book you read and what did you think of it.
yeah, i was in the ours top friends thing for a day or two.. most of us were when it first went up...
personally i think the whole group that posts here should be up there, but anyway, awesome about the dredg interview.
Trathena Wrote:What do you plan/hope to do with your political science degree, Hayley?

My question for Drew: What was the last book you read and what did you think of it.

Neat question, thanks!

If I get my shit together, this Fall I'll be applying for law school. I have no interest in litigation but maybe eventually work for government or advising or something like that.
go to the myspace page..

the entire new album's there.
^asshole.

ha! :-)
hehe..hey btw..dunno fi you saw my reply over on Traversing..but I'd go for checking out your mixes, but the upload links are expired. So whenever you get the chance, that'd be cool.
mixes? for what?

are people trying to separate the songs?
No, this is about something completely different.

I posted a mix of songs (all different artists) on dredg's board a while back, but the link is dead now.

Kyle's just asking me to repost it.
oh haha. yeah repost! Smile
oh yeah..we should have a topic for them here..can't see the harm in anyway. Suppose your radio show in a way is like a mix every week.
SoundscapeMN Wrote:oh yeah..we should have a topic for them here

We do. You started it!

http://killtheband.createmybb.com/showth...hp?tid=108
I think he means a topic to post mix tapes hehe
D'oh! "them" = board mixes, not dredg.

That's what I get for being smug.
The interview with Drew is going to be our last radio show of the semester (unless we do a sign up during finals week)

MAY 11th!!!!
ahh..right around the time they presumably will be in the studio..niice!..you should spam Traversing too if you haven't already.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New dredg SoundscapeMN 1 1,178 03-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Last Post: KillTheBand
  Dredg Fans- Link To Webrip Leak Of The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion toolerawk 21 7,747 12-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Last Post: devinemarko
  Dredg Tour QuietShadow 4 650 10-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Stars Die
  Syd Barrett Tribute Album featuring dredg, Jesu SoundscapeMN 4 735 09-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Last Post: toolerawk
  new song at the Nothing but Ash's myspace page bxdash 7 946 08-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Last Post: idylls
  Coldplay - Viva la Vida or Death And All His Friends jlatham 6 866 08-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Last Post: spaz
  Dredg News.. SoundscapeMN 31 4,923 01-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Last Post: toolerawk
  Myspace, Livejournal youreawomanimacalf 9 1,214 12-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Itlan
  OURS myspace music profile rekey 7 1,115 06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN