Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy talks about EACH song on the record
Interesting to hear that willing was shopped around for the spiderman soundtrack. Glad they kept it for the album. Fits perfectly!
northstar80 Wrote:I love the part about the supernatural experience relating to the tracks for "Lost.":thumbup:
I was waiting for him to make the connection that the tracks were lost for... Lost haha
It is so great to hear him say that "Ran Away to Tell the World" is what kept the band convinced that they actually had a record to make. From comments here and elsewhere, "Ran Away" doesn't seem to be a fan favorite, but it's one of my favorites on this CD (if not THE favorite). It's always been a favorite of mine, and I hope it's a single.

So it's great to hear that the band loves it as much as I do.
ubbadubba Wrote:I love him talking about "Get Up."

It's interesting that they insisted on this song being "raw" and not perfected, so that it comes off like a spontaneous jam. I love that.
wow.. this is awesome.
i love hearing about the song writing process. it makes me feel like i was there.

i've only listened to a few so far, i'm going to save the rest for when i'm at work on monday.
Trathena Wrote:It is so great to hear him say that "Ran Away to Tell the World" is what kept the band convinced that they actually had a record to make. From comments here and elsewhere, "Ran Away" doesn't seem to be a fan favorite, but it's one of my favorites on this CD (if not THE favorite). It's always been a favorite of mine, and I hope it's a single.

So it's great to hear that the band loves it as much as I do.

I totally agree!  Ran Away is a very underrated song.  I personally don't listen to it a whole lot mainly because I listened to the 3-song sampler and the KROQ radio rips way too many times.  That's why I skip to the "newer" songs on the album.  
Ran Away is one of Ours' better songs. I think it might be too sad a song to be a good single though.
I've always loved I Ran Away To Tell The World... and 4 years ago I put it on a mix CD when I was a junior in high school as part of a "sound track of your life" project... i am now a junior in college.
Trathena Wrote:
ubbadubba Wrote:I love him talking about "Get Up."

It's interesting that they insisted on this song being "raw" and not perfected, so that it comes off like a spontaneous jam. I love that.

Me too! My favorite part of most shows is the extended jam version of Get Up just love the energy it has.

I've been going through old threads and as a fan who came in just a little too late (2010) I've been missing out on the period where most things seemed to have happened. Like...apparently there were like 20.000 people on here at the same time back in 2008? Jesus.

Anyway, does anyone still have these files?
20,000? ..not on the message board at least, posting regularly. There maybe were a couple of hundred who read and posted here back then.
"The most users online at one time was 33,226 on 07-01-2008 at 09:15 AM"
Sippe, I didn't discover Ours until 2006, so I was a latecomer to this board as well. It was a very fun, active board (pre-Facebook, of course), and I participated a lot (under another name) back then because I was such a HUGE fan (like, embarrassingly so).

I do remember that we were spammed at one time (someone pretending to know Jimmy, and talked a lot of shit about him and his brother fighting), and that brought in a lot of lurkers. Fiasco may have deleted those threads. And when Mercy came out, a ton of people showed up blatantly asking for us to share the album. So those numbers could be related to that.

How fun it must be to reread everything here!

But to your request, does anyone know if this was a radio show? Because I have a few of them, and I'd be happy to upload them. I just don't know what show this was. I'm thinking it might be YROCK?
Honestly I'd love whatever you have, although I guess that's quite a lot so yeah maybe we should focus on this one. Apparently it had track by track descriptions by Jimmy, and something that made it stand out was that he was chewing gum (I'm guessing loudly) during the Live Again commentary.

It's fun to re-read things, but also so sad because as a fan who has missed out on the majority of Jimmy's career, there seems to be loads of recordings and interviews which have all been removed because the filesharing site everyone used deleted it.

It's like "oh look at this rare and amazing video of Jimmy that I found"

*File deleted*
I checked the YROCK interview and it's not the right one. The other ones I have are all just a few songs he sang for radio shows. I'll recheck my files when I get the chance, but always feel free to ask for music. There's usually someone here who has the songs, and you probably aren't the only one who wants them. Anytime I upload a song for someone here, there's usually 10 others who download it too. :-)
there's loads of live recordings. On YouTube of course, and I imagine some other sites (Dailymotion?)

1 site that had a handful of nice bootlegs was archive.org. Chances are they are still up there. There was 1 show where Jimmy played something like 39 songs, lol.

1 of the live recordings I've always wanted to hear, but never have, was him covering Jellyfish's "Glutton of Sympathy."

if someone has it, I'd love an upload.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Discography / Song List Including B-sides, outtakes etc ? jmwood42 16 3,109 07-10-2020, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  New Ours song on Transformers soundtrack northstar80 13 2,488 04-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Last Post: starlit
  new song featuring jimmy on lead vocals starlit 2 992 03-26-2016, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  Jimmy Gnecco or OURS HOURS 2 958 10-16-2015, 04:58 AM
Last Post: HOURS
  happy happy BELATED bday jimmy!!! starlit 0 636 10-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Last Post: starlit
  happy happy birthday jimmy! starlit 5 946 10-17-2014, 05:41 AM
Last Post: jade
  happy birthday jimmy! starlit 1 622 12-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Hannah
  Sudden Madness feat Jimmy Kosh_ap 2 1,247 09-10-2013, 05:23 AM