Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6/15/08, Bluberry Hill, St. Louis
Exclamation 
I'll be there!
Me too!!! I can't wait!! Big Grin
Me three!
I will be there also. The duck room show last summer was the best out of the seven shows I saw last year.
And hopefully thisotherkingdom won't be bitching about tool playing the same night. You should have gone to the ours show instead. It fucking rocked!!!
jlatham Wrote:And hopefully thisotherkingdom won't be bitching about tool playing the same night. You should have gone to the ours show instead. It fucking rocked!!!

Haha!  If I didn't already have the tickets to see Tool, I would have definately picked Ours first.  

I actually found out that Ours was playing there this time before they announced their tour.  I check STL concert venues every couple days to see if there are any new shows, and just happened to stumble upon Ours.  I bought two tickets immediately and then called my boss to request the next day off.

There's quite a few people from the board going to this one, we definately need to meet up!  My girlfriend may be joining me as well, but depending on the heat (June in St. Louis, ugh) and the lack of AC, her medical condition may force her to miss it.
thisotherkingdom Wrote:I actually found out that Ours was playing there this time before they announced their tour. . . . I bought two tickets immediately and then called my boss to request the next day off.

And then two days later he IM'd me, and two minutes later I had two tickets. Thisotherkingdom kicks butt. Twice!

Quote:There's quite a few people from the board going to this one, we definately need to meet up!

We should. Maybe dinner or something?
Everyone should buy me drinks at the bar upstairs before the show. It's my birthday!!!
Trathena Wrote:
Quote:There's quite a few people from the board going to this one, we definately need to meet up!

We should. Maybe dinner or something?

Sure, but I think I'll be having a liquid dinner.
thisotherkingdom Wrote:Sure, but I think I'll be having a liquid dinner.

Ha! Just like Schubas?

Also, keep in mind that I'll need to sit during the concert, if possible. So, I'll need to get in line very early. But we'll meet up eventually.

But, jlatham, I'll absolutely buy you a birthday drink!
Why will you need to sit during the show? There was plenty of room to move around last time.
thisotherkingdom Wrote:Haha! If I didn't already have the tickets to see Tool, I would have definately picked Ours first.

Ha I wasn't around here then but I too had the same problem.
I would be up for a meet up and buying people drinks I am very good at doing that. I'll be staying with my sister while in town and a break from her children is always nice.
jlatham Wrote:Why will you need to sit during the show? There was plenty of room to move around last time.

Oh, a boring medical condition. If I have stand the entire time, I will. It's just that it's very painful. I've stood through concerts before and I'll do it again, but if it's possible for me to sit, I'll enjoy myself a lot more.
too bad..I would go for seeing Fish in Chicago on June 16..this could have worked as a back-2-back nights thing..but I'm already headed to the Windy City on the 25th for the LTE reunion.
I got my ticket in the mail yesterday. This excites me I've seen Ours multiple times now but have never had an actual ticket that says 'OURS' on it. I am such a dork. :~D
This is very close st. louis people! This weekend I'll be seeing dave matthews band/black crowes performing at busch stadium followed by stone temple pilots at riverport the next night. My favorite three bands of all time in st. louis within a two week span.
I talked a buddy of mine into going with me. I let him borrow DL a few months back, and the new album about a week ago and he really liked them. Obviously he'll be a first timer. I think he's also bringing a friend who's never seen them before.
thisotherkingdom Wrote:I talked a buddy of mine into going with me.

So, does this mean you've checked with them and no air conditioning? I only ask because your girlfriend isn't coming.

Very cool to introduce Ours to new people!
Nah, haven't checked yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York City - Don Hill's October 2, 2010 digenger 19 2,968 11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Last Post: SarahBeth
  6/22/07 Blueberry Hill St. Louis jlatham 40 4,930 05-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  2/10 St. Louis at the Pageant thisotherkingdom 6 1,086 03-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Last Post: QuietShadow