Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concert Etiquette
I don't mind the cameraphone thing as long as the person taking pictures or video isn't obstructing anybody else's view. I can think of more than a few great videos of the band on YouTube that I wouldn't have seen otherwise if someone hadn't busted out a cameraphone. *shrug*

My rule of thumb - don't bother anyone else, and I don't care what you do at the show.
The camera phones are something I don't get either. You can't obsessively stare at every band member, committing it all to memory, and focus on every note if you've got your hand in the air with a phone in it the entire time.

However! At the last show at Schubas, when Jimmy screamed during "Black" he bent down and did it straight into this guy's phone, and I did think that was pretty fucking awesome and very cool for that guy.

But at a Sigur Ros show, this guy in the seat in front of me would take a picture every once in a while and his phone would be right in my way and I loathed him with the white-hot heat of a thousand suns.
How about the semi-pro photographers? I have a bitchin' new Canon digital SLR that I'd like to put to good use in a few weeks.
Just be super mindful of the people around you.  Don't get pushy or get in anyones way and you will be fine. Having a photo pass always helps too because people will think you are "official" and are usually happy to let you through.

Danin

splithesky Wrote:Just be super mindful of the people around you.  Don't get pushy or get in anyones way and you will be fine.

Oh, of course.

Quote:Having a photo pass always helps too because people will think you are "official" and are usually happy to let you through.

How does one go about getting a photo pass?
Hey, OMG the conversations on here..........WOE.. Alt of ppl drink, ppl act mean at show and lot of pplr really sober.. What else can we do.. Its difficut to lol um separate the variety of ppl..Imagine if they did that though, section on left stage for drunks, right side sobers, middle smikers and light drinkers/??? IDK Shit happens tere r just so may fans loving ours thats all im happy about.. The manson thing though was really really bad, that was not good... But really wht could we have done.. OK Love YOU <3 A

PS Keep my ass off here man.. NIght
I'm not referring to the photos taken with a nice, professional camera. I love to see those well taken photos on this board. I am grateful for the ones who take them. I'm referring to the crapeous cameraphone attached to an arm that is constantly in the air and obstructing my view.
chilibun Wrote:I'm not referring to the photos taken with a nice, professional camera. I love to see those well taken photos on this board. I am grateful for the ones who take them. I'm referring to the crapeous cameraphone attached to an arm that is constantly in the air and obstructing my view.

Along those lines, there was also a dude waving around the free posters they were giving out, holding them over his head (in SF). That wasn't cool. Blocked my view (and many others) quite a bit. That said, when I asked him to stop, he was cool about it.