Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox 3.0 Released today!
Check out the new version of the great web browser, it’s online today at www.firefox.com.
I’ve tested it out and it’s definitely an improvement from the old version and noticeably faster.

Here is a review of all the new features if you’re interested in reading about it -

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,231...X1K0000530
Oh cool! I've been using the Beta version for a couple of weeks so just headed over there and downloaded the latest release.

I quite like Opera as well, but Firefox is the browser I use the most.
The tech guy at my job was mentioning this update. I'll have to check it out. But wouldn't we be getting update notices anyway?
It's much better than Firefox 2, not to mention Release Candidate 3.
Yes it is a lot better. A lot of my extensions aren't ready yet though. And my favorite, favorite, favorite theme of all times--Modern Pinball--is now obsolete and will not be updated.

::weep::
Downloading now -

Does anyone else find it amusing that in the screen shots it shows as a tutorial of how to download firefox it's IE?
They show IE so all the newbies out there won't get confused when trying Firefox out for the first time. ;P

"Wait, that's not what my screen looks like!" and all, hehe. Probably figure if you already have Firefox, you won't be paying much attention to the tutorials on how to download anyway, eh? :B

/cheer Firefox
I just looked it up and saw this on a blog:

"n case you’re wondering, there will be no instant automatic update from Firefox 2 to Firefox 3. Automatic updates from 2 to 3 will be released quite some time from now. Why? Because this is a major software update, and many Firefox 2 users may not want to update to Firefox 3. Firefox 3 is also not compatible with some operating systems, such as Windows 98. The same thing happened when Firefox 2 was released - There was no automatic update from Firefox 1 to Firefox 2 for quite some time after the release."

Trathena Wrote:The tech guy at my job was mentioning this update. I'll have to check it out. But wouldn't we be getting update notices anyway?
^Yes everyone, keep this in mind. Many of the extensions and themes aren't compatible yet.

But it's sure faster. damn!
i can never log into myspace on firefox.. tried it on the new version on still ..denied.
what happens, an error?

it's probably your cookie settings or something in your profile.  does it work with another browser like opera?
make sure cookies are allowed for the site.

you may need to make a new firefox profile. try that and/or some of these troubleshooting tips:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Basi...leshooting

Nine Wrote:i can never log into myspace on firefox.. tried it on the new version on still ..denied.
yeah...

I dont have a problem with it w/ the new firefox (or even the old one).

Good points about the IE tutorials.

Most of the extensions I use are compatible but one that isn't I like a lot - the tab mix plus... I mean the new fire fox has nice tab settings, but i miss the buttons to open closed tabs and the way they put the red X to close the tabs in the corner of each tab and the tab menu bar.
The X *is* in the corner of each button - the end of the menu bar would just be redundant, no?
Chief Wrote:what happens, an error?

it's probably your cookie settings or something in your profile.  does it work with another browser like opera?
make sure cookies are allowed for the site.

you may need to make a new firefox profile.  try that and/or some of these troubleshooting tips:
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Basi...leshooting

Nine Wrote:i can never log into myspace on firefox.. tried it on the new version on still ..denied.

It doesn't give me an error... it just doesn't log in.
It hangs for a second then just erases everything to log in again.

I've been using Opera and it works fine.
Kinda gaving up on the firefox thing.
Sinistas Wrote:The X *is* in the corner of each button - the end of the menu bar would just be redundant, no?

they are now, but when you have a lot of tabs open they disappear. The Red X in the corner isn't so redundant - it makes it easier to close a lot of tabs at once because you just keep your mouse in the corner and click away rather than clicking on the exact tab.

I liked it, but yeah it isn't ENTIRELY necessary haha.
FF3 is real good, though has a glaring flaw related to the new bilinear page/image zoom. I've experienced some crashes with editing bookmarks too... otherwise I really enjoy it and all of the add-ons that I used to have are now upgraded. I tried all the RCs and some of the earlier betas, but without the add-ons it wasn't really much to work with.

The Download Day shenanigans were a lot of fun, too, I was really intent on following the world map and seeing how other Scandinavian/Nordic countries racked in downloads and pledges in the extravaganza was just totally fun! Statistics like that are really something to see.
what is that glaring flaw?

Mortis Wrote:FF3 is real good, though has a glaring flaw related to the new bilinear page/image zoom. I've experienced some crashes with editing bookmarks too... otherwise I really enjoy it and all of the add-ons that I used to have are now upgraded. I tried all the RCs and some of the earlier betas, but without the add-ons it wasn't really much to work with.

The Download Day shenanigans were a lot of fun, too, I was really intent on following the world map and seeing how other Scandinavian/Nordic countries racked in downloads and pledges in the extravaganza was just totally fun! Statistics like that are really something to see.
Mozilla Firefox 3.0 is already released i like to use this web browser it is a very quick and fast you can easily use this for internet use to do on surfing,searching and many more stuff.
Firefox 3.0 is really very good for those people who enter thousands of query in just one single day and get lots of positive result as well. Fire fox is very easy to understand with new tool bar and with new features. You can get best result out of it and many more things.
Mozilla Firefox is amazing browser that it is really useful for all the purpose of browsing like watching online videos, surfing heavy flash enable sites. For doing online sale, purchase transaction and many more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ours isn't the only long awaited album released this Spring SoundscapeMN 0 437 05-20-2008, 04:24 AM
Last Post: SoundscapeMN
  10 Years Ago Today: Jeff Buckley died SoundscapeMN 20 2,923 06-08-2007, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Pirate Girl
  Kaddisfly - SET SAIL THE PRAIRIE In Stores Today! SoundscapeMN 10 967 03-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Fiasco!
Sad Jeff Buckley ..9 years ago today, RIP SoundscapeMN 5 964 06-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Last Post: KillTheBand