Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dark Knight
not sure if anyone else here is as big a Batman fan as i am, but i can't contain myself any longer......
I'M SO FUCKING STOKED ABOUT THIS MOVIE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!

This will be my favourite movie, once it comes out.....
Been waiting for it since the ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com thing came out. Looking forward to it!
i've been waiting for it since the end of Batman Begins when Gordon showed Batman the Joker card Smile lol

The Dark Knight is going to be EPIC though, are you going to see it in IMAX?
I think people don't give Christian Bale enough credit. He made took a role that was botched so many times and made it cool. I can't wait either.
I live no where near an IMAX. =(
Quote:I think people don't give Christian Bale enough credit.

True and not just for the Batman/Bruce Wayne role, for just about every movie he's in. He's a phenominal actor, probably one of the best of his generation, if not ever.

And the closest i live to an IMAX is 2 hours away, but i'm going to see it there anyway, hell i may even go to Chicago and watch it. (where the movie was filmed)
I'd have to drive about 8 hours to get to an IMAX theater.
This is the first movie in a LONG TIME that I'm anxious to see.
Maybe I can even catch a midnight showing or something.

I've been a Bale fan for awhile, he's great and so versatile as an actor.
He def did breathe new life into Batman and made it cool again.

It's really sad that Heath Ledger won't be able to experience the success that is going to be the new movie.

Some early reviews are saying Ledger is "oscar-worthy" in the film. I don't know about that but it certainly fuels my excitement.

I first started to like Bale after American Psycho. Great movie (also filmed right next to my work).
Got tickets already, midnight at an IMAX. can't fucking wait......2 1/2 hours of heaven!

Quote:It's really sad that Heath Ledger won't be able to experience the success that is going to be the new movie.
yeah. He was starting to be one of my favourite actors.

Quote:Some early reviews are saying Ledger is "oscar-worthy" in the film. I don't know about that but it certainly fuels my excitement.

Would be great if he did win, not only for his legacy, but for Nolan and the Batman franchise.

I've been a Batman fan since i was 3 or 4, so it's been over 20 years! I've seen some highs and very low, lows.
*cough* joel schumacher*cough*
And this incarnation of Batman pretty much nails it for what i've always thought of Batman being like...I don't think you could ask for a better director or cast than this....

I just really REALLY hope they don't fuck it up for #3, if they can put 3 really solid Batman stories to screen, this will be like The Godfather or the Star Wars trilogy in it's influence. And i'm going out on a limb here, but i have faith that they can do it.

The Dark Knight Trailer 4

Attention Chicago and NYC Dark Knight Fans! There's a special event happening @ 9PM TONIGHT!

to find out the scoop, go here Chicago Info or here NYC Info

We may just see a sign........in the skies

I'll be in Chicago.
For those of you who can't go to either but want to watch live streams of the event and potentially see me getting arrested for gathering near the Sears tower....
go here Citizens For Batman

I'm so excited!!!!!!
just got back from Chicago, had a BLAST! we had to do a scavenger hunt and we got free T-shirts, Gotham City Times newspapers, stickers, and Citizens for Batman key chains AND got to see the Dark Knight bat symbol projected onto the Sears Tower. pretty fucking sweet.
That's awesome. Glad you got to go out.
beautifulghost Wrote:just got back from Chicago, had a BLAST! we had to do a scavenger hunt and we got free T-shirts, Gotham City Times newspapers, stickers, and Citizens for Batman key chains AND got to see the Dark Knight bat symbol projected onto the Sears Tower. pretty fucking sweet.

Awesome! Sounds like a grand time. Smile

But did you get arrested? We demand more details!
Quote:Awesome! Sounds like a grand time. Smile

But did you get arrested? We demand more details!

Smile

No i didn't get arrested, i think they let the police know ahead of time something was going down, which they're not known for doing, because even though 300-500 people were running up and down Wacker street and the surrounding blocks, cutting through traffic en mass and gawking at the Sears Tower for several hours nobody was acosted or arrested. It was really cool to be a part of. (finally) Some people were upset because the Bat-Symbol couldn't be seen very well for awhile, but they fixed it later and it was really neat. There were also a wide range of people there, from little kids to adults and some folks there didn't even look like nerds, i was surprised! Smile

And i would just like to say Chicago is a beautiful town and the people who live there are seemingly all pretty nice. It's a big city, with a big heart for a reason. From the fellow Batman fan who bought me and my buddy beers for traveling so far, to the random residents showing support for a movie that showcases their city. It was a great time, there were no downsides for us, we loved it all.
beautifulghost Wrote:not sure if anyone else here is as big a Batman fan as i am,

I assume that I am. Actually I was thinking about this sort of thing earlier this week. There is so much hype surrounding comic books characters because of all the hype surrounding their respective new movies recently, and Batman this year seems like a huge one. I've been so irrationally obsessed with Batman for so long (and in some ways, defined by it..."Batman" becomes my nickname at workplaces, the kids I student taught made me an impressive Batman cake for my last day, and I don't even remember saying or doing anything to make them do these things...you should see all of the stupid Batman stuff my girlfriend/friends buy me--what am I going to do with two Batman alarm clocks, an inflatable sprinkler "bop bag", a play shave set, etc.?) that it's almost depressing to see people claim the world and the character as their own. I'm not usually like this, but I have to go out of my way to just try to love it in my own personal way.

That said, this is a fucking exciting time to be a Batman fan, which let's be realistic...who isn't??

Christian Bale is my favorite actor, Chris Nolan is one of my favorite directors (not a bad movie in his catalog, The Prestige...WOW). Not to mention the rest of the spectacular cast and all else involved in this new franchise...excluding Katie Holmes and David Goyer.

I tried not to hype myself up for TDK like I did for Batman Begins, but at this point if it isn't thrice the movie Begins was I will be disappointed. After what I've seen and read about it, it's impossible not to have high expectations. I get nervous when I get excited for things like this, the let downs are so painful! Why, Indy 4!? Why!?

Has anyone seen Gotham Knight yet? I thought it was mostly kick-ass.
cool, glad i'm not the only one here who's a little obsessed Smile

I heard Gotham Knights wasn't that great, i thought it looked interesting but i'm not a big fan of anime so i'm not sure i'll buy it.....
beautifulghost Wrote:just got back from Chicago, had a BLAST! we had to do a scavenger hunt and we got free T-shirts, Gotham City Times newspapers, stickers, and Citizens for Batman key chains AND got to see the Dark Knight bat symbol projected onto the Sears Tower. pretty fucking sweet.

that sounds awesome man.

my friends are being lame about getting midnight tix cause it's on a thursday which means we won't be home till like 2ish...waaaahhh
these people close out the bars every thursday, what's the problem? haha
Quote:my friends are being lame about getting midnight tix cause it's on a thursday which means we won't be home till like 2ish...waaaahhh
these people close out the bars every thursday, what's the problem? haha

Smile

that sucks, but you could always go stag. Smile the presale midnight shows are selling out across the country so they've added 3 am showings, those are selling out as well, so they've added 6 am showings to meet the demand!
Theatres are then opening up @ 9 am to start the day (friday), so it'll be around 24 hours of business for the 1st couple of nights. THIS MOVIE WILL SET RECORDS!

Just found this info, thought i'd share.....

Quote:Advance IMAX ticket sales demonstrate the huge enthusiasm surrounding the
movie:

- Advance IMAX ticket sales have already surpassed $2 million, more than a week prior to opening
- Over 100 shows are already sold out
- 93 domestic IMAX theatres have added midnight screenings
- Many IMAX theatres in the USA are adding 3am shows, and some are screening non-stop for 24 hours to meet the high moviegoer demands
- Chicago's Navy Pier and the Palisades Center (West Nyack, NY) IMAX theatres will run shows non-stop for 72 hours

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batman...hp?id=7457

4 more days!