Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dark Knight
I don't think I'll be seeing it opening night, but definately opening weekend. This movie looks insanely good.
just got back from TDK, ho-ly SHIT this movie is mind blowing, this is NOT a comic book film, this is an amazing drama that has batman characters in it. My expectations for this film were very high and they were well exceeded. If you think the trailers were good, you haven't seen ANYTHING. I was very disturbed by the Joker in this movie and i'm not easily disturbed, this is not a feel good movie, this is not for kids. Not that there is sex or profanity, but they wouldn't understand the concepts and honestly the Joker would probably scare the shit out of them. If a 25 year old guy who's seen his share of fucked up shit and people, gets shocked by the Joker i can't imagine how a little kid would take it.
You must see this movie! This may be the best movie i've ever seen. batman or otherwise.

off to work (no sleep, yay!)

I'm going to try to catch a matinee on Sunday.. my friends wussed out of the midnight showing.

I'm glad you gave it a good review, it sucks when things don't live up to your expectations.
The movie is amazing; beautifulghost summed it up well.
I don't even know what to say. The Joker was perfect. Heath stole the show and actually surpassed the hype. I need to see this again ASAP.
Ditto on the sunday matinee. I haven't cared for the other Batman movies, but I have a feeling this one is different. I really hope Heath gets the Oscar for this one. He deserves this last honor for all his hard work. I know this movie really did a number on him.
beautifulghost Wrote:just got back from TDK, ho-ly SHIT this movie is mind blowing, this is NOT a comic book film, this is an amazing drama that has batman characters in it. My expectations for this film were very high and they were well exceeded. If you think the trailers were good, you haven't seen ANYTHING. I was very disturbed by the Joker in this movie and i'm not easily disturbed, this is not a feel good movie, this is not for kids. Not that there is sex or profanity, but they wouldn't understand the concepts and honestly the Joker would probably scare the shit out of them. If a 25 year old guy who's seen his share of fucked up shit and people, gets shocked by the Joker i can't imagine how a little kid would take it.
You must see this movie! This may be the best movie i've ever seen. batman or otherwise.

off to work (no sleep, yay!)

I was just saying that to my mom...how it's strange to see them advertising it to children. I see my fair share of Disney and Cartoon network having a 10 year old sister and the advertisment is pretty heavy.

I'll be seeing it in a few hours...

The other Batman films didn't really do it for me, but what the heck. I've only heard good things.
just got back from seeing this movie...and WOW.
best movie i have seen in a long time.
That was a very dark film. Marketing it to children is risky...

But wow.
I saw it tonight... I've gotta say it was one of the best films I've seen in a long, long time. Long movie but never boring, always intense.

I've heard about people saying how they think Ledger should have a posthumous Oscar nomination and after actually seeing the film - he totally deserves it and definitely should be in the running.

Some things were predictable, some were not but all in all it was very entertaining and had some funny parts to it too!
yeah i don't know how they got away with a PG-13 rating, it should've been R.
Really? R?
oh my god, best comic book movie ever made, period. i saw it last night, but i might have to go back and see it again in IMAX. what a shame that Heath Ledger couldn't see how incredible this turned out Sad

what an awesome, awesome movie!!!! perfectly dark and complex.
thisotherkingdom Wrote:Really?  R?

Yes, the Joker character....story, mindset, etc. is pretty disturbing.
Two-face was pretty fucked up as well. I remember my mom having to ask my sister if she was okay. lol

That scene, where Bruce and Alfred were watching the footage the Joker gave the press...when he was basically tormenting that fake Batman. Do you guys remember when he screamed "Look at me!"

I jumped, yikes.
this movie was so amazing.. i saw it on IMAX and it was incredible!!

HIGHLY recommend everyone to go see it on IMAX screen!
i can't wait to see it again!!
I saw it last weekend and loved it. :thumbup:

I only wish I would have found my batman t-shirt. Damn dirty laundry! :devil:
I finally just saw it. It's wonderful. Probably the best "comic book" film I've ever seen. Heath Ledger is perfect. Just a masterful performance.

And I agree with all of you that this movie should have been rated R. ThisOtherKingdom, this film has a lot of violence and even brief torture. At one point, a man holds a gun to a small kid's head. It says a lot about how fucked up our censors are that because a movie doesn't have tits or the f-word, no matter the violence, no matter the disturbing situations, it's OK for kids to watch.

But for me? Just an awesome experience. Most moving moment: when the "good citizens" are voting to kill the "bad guys" on the other ferry, a man says, "but they've not killed us yet either; we're still here."

And the Joker saying to Batman, "You complete me." God, just awesome.
Still havn't seen it. Only the trailers. Is it worth a four hour total drive to st. louis and back for the imax screening?
God, jlatham, I hope you didn't read my posts. They're full of spoilers. I saw this movie so late, I just assumed I could talk about details.

I should have put up spoiler tags or something. I'm sorry!