Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dark Knight
Wow. What a fucking awesome movie! It was my roommates birthday on sunday so we went and I was so blow away by it that I took my girl to see it with me the next night! I can't believe how amazing Heath Ledger was. My favorite scene in the movie was the conversation in the hospital between the Joker and Two Face.

This is for all the real comic book nerds such as myself out there: (assuming there was a preview for it at the theatres you went to) how fucking AWESOME does the Watchmen look? I was skeptical about it at first cause it truly is the best graphic novel ever written in my opinion and to make a movie of it is a serious undertaking to say the least, but, wow, it looks like its gonna be pretty fuckin' amazing. I cannot wait! For those of you who have never read the Watchmen graphic novel, do yourselves a favor and hunt down a copy and read it.
Watchmen does look pretty incredible. They've nailed it visually at least. Love that Pumpkins song in the trailer too...

I read this morning that Zach Snyder wants to direct The Dark Knight Returns and Frank Miller is all about it. Of course, they should wait until after Nolan's Batman 3.

Part of me always wanted to see Clint Eastwood as a TDKR Bruce Wayne.

Heh, and all this talk about Dark Knight's rating...I remember reading the description of why it was PG13 and it said "blah blah blah, and some menace." I found it funny that someone would sit down and think about how to describe the movie and they came up with the phrase "some menace." I don't know if anyone sees the humor...not because it's an understatement, just because who the fuck says that in a film rating?

I was even more baffled at the animated Star Wars movie coming out which is PG because of "blah blah blah and momentary smoking."
Quote:Still havn't seen it. Only the trailers. Is it worth a four hour total drive to st. louis and back for the imax screening?

Our drive was 5 hours total (on opening night) and i had to work the next day, getting no sleep and i don't regret it one damn bit. I just wish i could see it in IMAX everytime! (i've seen it 3 times now)

You have to see this film, this isn't only for Batman fans, it for fans of great films.
I just got back from seeing it. I must say, it definitely is not just for Batman fans because I really don't like Batman, but the movie is just mindblowing. One of the best movies I've ever seen. The rating system in our country is completely backwards. Sure, there aren't f-bombs or sex, but the violence and psychotic behavior is probably not a good idea for kids. I can see how it could disturb people easily. I found myself a little unsettled at times.

Heath did a beyond remarkable job with his role. He took the Joker to a level it had never been before. So convincing, believable, outrageous, insane, morbid humor. I doubt anyone could ever top it, and I hope no one ever tries. I want him to be honored with an Oscar—he deserves it.

I just stumbled across this:

Quote:Late actor Heath Ledger knew exactly how psycho he needed to be to play the Joker.

During the filming of The Dark Knight Heath Ledger kept a notebook to help him get in character, detailing all the things that he felt the Joker would find funny.

The first entry: AIDS.

Christain Bale, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman and Michael Caine were all really good too. Heath just stole the show...
Where did you find this quote Formica? I think the HUGE fans on the dredg board would appreciate it.
Here are several places on the internet where I found that quote being used here's one...

Zimbio

I'd be interested in knowing what some of the other entries are.
Honey, you should have just told my lazy ass to do a Google search. :-)

But thank you!
Oh, I didn't mean for you to take it that way. :/ My original quote and the one I linked are a little different, that's all. You're welcome.

I found another place that said other entries included dead puppies, dying puppies, superaids and the complete works of Samuel Beckett. However, I'm not sure that this is accurate. ?
Ha! No worries! It was only after you sent the link that I thought, "Dumbass! You could have googled this yourself!" I do that often. I'm all, "who is so-in-so?" And someone will go, "There's this new site called Wikipedia..." hee!

I painted my face like the Joker's and went and saw this again. =)
Yep, I'm that cool.
personally i think it is.  especially if you're a big batman fan. The clarity and quality of the presentation was the best i've ever seen in any movie theater including digital screenings.

and i already can feel that this movie is the best one of the year in my opinion anyway.  
I believe i will see it at least 3 times!

jlatham Wrote:Still havn't seen it. Only the trailers. Is it worth a four hour total drive to st. louis and back for the imax screening?
I need not mention how good this film is, again, it's just as good as people are saying it is. Incredible!
oh yeah, i found this pretty interesting and maybe you guys will too.
some trivia from imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/trivia
6/10
6?? out of 10 are you fucking serious? Then again you and i don't agree on much anyway
Good Lord, Kyle! First Into the Wild and now this! We can never be movie buddies. :-)

Thank you for that great link, Chief! I really enjoyed reading up on this movie.

Trathena Wrote:Good Lord, Kyle! First Into the Wild and now this! We can never be movie buddies. :-)

Heh heh.
saw it in IMAX a couple weeks ago...well worth it.
Trathena Wrote:Good Lord, Kyle! First Into the Wild and now this! We can never be movie buddies. :-)

really?..that sucks..well then again you're married so why would I worry Tongue

if ya'll really want to know why I gave it a *generous* 6 out 10..check my blog. But how would most people feel about a film that they walked out afterwards with a headache?

I probably like a lot of the same films you do..or would Trathena..it;s just we don't agree on this one or ItW so much.

here's a list a I made last year of my favorite films..probably not 100% accurate/up to date, but it's pretty close.

1. THE WIZARD OF OZ
2. GHOST WORLD
3. CADDYSHACK
4. ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
5. THE JACKET
6. BETTER OFF DEAD
7. TRADING PLACES
8. FLETCH
9. INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE
10. THE MATRIX
11. MOVING VIOLATIONS
12. THE TRUMAN SHOW
13. THE UNTOUCHABLES
14. FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF
15. ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ
16. THE FUGITIVE
17. HALLOWEEN 1-2
18. THE MACHINIST
19. OFFICE SPACE
20. REVENGE OF THE NERDS
21. SPACEBALLS
22. THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP
23. THREE AMIGOS!
24. THE TIME MACHINE
25. WILLIE WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
SoundscapeMN Wrote:
if ya'll really want to know why I gave it a *generous* 6 out 10..check my blog. But how would most people feel about a film that they walked out afterwards with a headache?

You did that just to get more Myspace friends, didn't you? [Image: 1043.gif] Did you have a headache because it was loud? I had earplugs. I ALWAYS have earplugs of some sort.

You should copy and paste...

p.s. No American History X on that list.. ? And where's the Kevin Smith love? I give you points for Office Space. [Image: 143.gif]