Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photography anyone?
I can't write, sing or play an instrument very well...

[Image: gerbera.gif]

but I'm fairly good at taking photographs.

Anyone else?
I do a lot of photography based work where I work. (I work at a tv station)

Over the years I have taken it on as a hobby, and I think i'm pretty ok at it.

[Image: sunsetlakefurgeson.jpg]

You can see a lot of my work at my flickr account:

flicker.com/photos/chrlie
youreawomanimacalf Wrote:I do a lot of photography based work where I work. (I work at a tv station)

Over the years I have taken it on as a hobby, and I think i'm pretty ok at it.

[Image: sunsetlakefurgeson.jpg]

You can see a lot of my work at my flickr account:

flicker.com/photos/chrlie

Awesome. I really like your black and white. You have some good stuff, I'd say you're better than just "ok." Smile
i'm not great but i play around with some black and white photography.

[Image: n68200343_30629161_6288.jpg]
I'll play.

[Image: P1010064.jpg]
Flying over Mt. Rainier

[Image: DSCN0023.jpg]
Looking down the staircase at the Apple Store, Boston

[Image: DSCN0227.jpg]
Cape Cod, MA

I really like the different shading if your photo auto-de-fe.

SarahBeth, that Apple store staircase looks terrifying

And I'll play too

Photobucket
Anna Maria Island

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Zoo Trip
Quote:SarahBeth, that Apple store staircase looks terrifying

And to make it all worse, its ALL GLASS. Im terrified of heights and that was taken from the third floor looking down. Going up the staircase was not bad. Going down however - NOT A GOOD TIME. But I just love how the picture came out.

Really like the pic of the sunset Red Colored Star. Smile
The town I work in is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

[Image: IMG_3017.jpg]

It's pretty podunk.

[Image: IMG_3056.jpg]

Okay, it's really podunk. Both of those places are a five-minute drive from my office.
I love the b&w, auto. And yours SarahBeth... from the plane.

There's some really old stuff in my photobucket.

[Image: village.jpg]
^ The mountains in North Carolina

[Image: swanhouse.jpg]
^ Some lomography. I was completely in love with lomography... for 17 seconds.
thanks for the kind remarks! i love that shot of the mountains in NC.

[Image: n68200343_30600076_2997.jpg]
In the light of photographers I am going to be working as a volunteer with Michael Maxxis Dec. 21st and 22nd in Toronto! On the next Billy Talent music video.

This was from my most recent photo shoot. I didn't like this photo much before I edited it.

[Image: 4148613354_8a78fca535_b.jpg]

I've been inspired by Shepard Fairey recently which is why I have a red theme going on.

[Image: 4139445423_6f6e135cc4_b.jpg]

This was taken on my first photo shoot. The different colors of the florescent lights work great.

[Image: 3786575186_47c9dd90ea_b.jpg]

This is my first work with HDR photography. It was inspired by a beautiful shot of a guitar my ex did.

[Image: 3939544610_5857d2ea13_b.jpg]
Pre, I love those pictures! The one of the guitar is really cool!

I'll add some new contributions:

Sunset on the river behind my house, with the fog rolling in:

[Image: DSCN2199.jpg]

Onboard one of the tall ships in Boston, this past summer, looking straight up the mast:

[Image: DSCN1032.jpg]

I've posted this one before, but I'm so thrilled I finally learned how to shoot in red light (with a point and shoot, none the less - nothing fancy). Static, this summer:

[Image: DSCN1473.jpg]
Thank you sarahBeth. Very nice sun set picture. It reminds me of some late night photography I did in a park near me. I can't find the pictures that look similar to yours but I do have one that I took on that set I like.

[Image: 3982609281_4d1d3f11ce_b.jpg]

What kind of camera are you shooting with sarahBeth?
Nice, Pre! I love the coloring and the shadowing in that one. And as for what kind of a camera I use, I just have a little Nikon coolpix, 8 mega pixel point and shoot. I think the thing that's made the most difference is that I've learned how to use all the settings to my advantage. I know exactly what setting to use to shoot a concert, how to make the colors come out at dusk, how to shoot in the city at night, etc.

I really want to get a DSLR but that's kind of intimidating to think about now that I've finally figured out how to use my P&S.

I took this picture in Boston over the summer, when Acrobat was visiting me. It took about 4 pictures to figure it out to get a clear one, but I'm SO EXCITED when I get it right.

[Image: DSCN1428.jpg]

And a couple of more:

[Image: DSCN1429.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1415.jpg]
I like them all! But I like the city sky line the best. A little 8 mega pixle point and shoot can do wonders but I think you could do great things with a nice DSLR. I use a nikon D60 but they don't make that anymore. I would recommending going with a Nikon D3000 or 5000. I have a an 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens but I really want a nice 35mm lens. That would be perfect for taking pictures of Jimmy and everyone else.

Just for Ours I am trying to get with bands and photograph them. I have only done one whole set and that was before I knew some important features about my camera so my shots where not great but I have one or two.

bad focus... but still interesting at the very least
[Image: 3996686197_878fa9d533_b.jpg]

Some say they don't like it because her heads cut off but I think that is why I like it
[Image: 3997448814_743350eda5_b.jpg]
Quote:I like them all! But I like the city sky line the best. A little 8 mega pixle point and shoot can do wonders but I think you could do great things with a nice DSLR. I use a nikon D60 but they don't make that anymore. I would recommending going with a Nikon D3000 or 5000. I have a an 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens but I really want a nice 35mm lens. That would be perfect for taking pictures of Jimmy and everyone else.

Thanks! I'd love to get a DSLR but am honestly intimidated about learning how to use it all over again! I've recently gotten into photography. (I love concert photography the most) and take a ton of pictures at all the shows I go to (I took 100 of Jimmy at the School of Rock show and threw out a LOT because the lighting blew and I didnt want to use a flash, and 400+ of David Cook in Providence before my battery died. Threw out about 100-150 bad ones then and ended up with 260 good ones).

I love the second picture a lot! And Red light is SO hard to photograph in, I usually end up turning my pics in red light B&W in order to salvage them.
I have had my DSLR for 6 months to the day now. I can understand why its intimidating. Don't want to have a nice expensive camera that you only shoot in "Automatic." My first photo shoot was all done in "Automatic" : / ... but I'm better now. I just found places to shoot and practice. Each time I learned more about my camera. First I learned how to adjust the shutter speed, than I learned about the ISO, now I've learned how to adjust how open or closed the lens is... and I will keep learning more. I think you can do it and will be feel great once you do. Sure, not right out of the box but in time. Maybe after you get one and practice a bit we can do a collaborative photo shoot! We where brought together by Ours to be inspired by and create great art! ... I love collaboration

This picture was taken the day I got my camera. I like it but I its over exposed and I wasn't using a polarizer. You have to start somewhere sarahBeth. I sure don't know everything but I will give you as much advice and guidance that I can if you get one. Christmas is coming...

[Image: 3997457066_e44f848a30_b.jpg]
Pre Wrote:I have had my DSLR for 6 months to the day now. I can understand why its intimidating. Don't want to have a nice expensive camera that you only shoot in "Automatic." My first photo shoot was all done in "Automatic" : / ... but I'm better now. I just found places to shoot and practice. Each time I learned more about my camera. First I learned how to adjust the shutter speed, than I learned about the ISO, now I've learned how to adjust how open or closed the lens is... and I will keep learning more. I think you can do it and will be feel great once you do. Sure, not right out of the box but in time. Maybe after you get one and practice a bit we can do a collaborative photo shoot! We where brought together by Ours to be inspired by and create great art! ... I love collaboration

This picture was taken the day I got my camera. I like it but I its over exposed and I wasn't using a polarizer. You have to start somewhere sarahBeth. I sure don't know everything but I will give you as much advice and guidance that I can if you get one. Christmas is coming...

[Image: 3997457066_e44f848a30_b.jpg]

I've finally figured out the settings on my camera and I enjoy it SO MUCH MORE NOW. (it only took 2 years) Because I've learned to shoot and its come from practice. A lot of it. I know Christmas is coming, but the camera right now is out of mine (and my parents) price range. Maybe for my birthday in the spring. I was checking out the Nikon D3000 and if I suck it up and go for it, that'll be the one I get because I have a Nikon now and love it.

Thanks so much, Pre for all your advice and guidance. I'd love to get together and do a collaborative shoot sometime. I love how Ours brings us all together and inspires us in our lives as well. Smile
Perhaps come this summer we can try to figure out a time to get together. Maybe Jimmy or Ours will be touring and we can time it to go to a concert too. It might also be fun if some other Ours lovers and artists could get in on it. I'm locked down all spring but come May when I graduate its all photography. Hopefully a solid year of practice and portfolio building can get me into grad school for a masters of photography. We will see. Plans are laid hopefully we can make this happen.
thx for the boston pics, sarabeth! my hometown is *cough* lynn, heheheh, and i miss my old haunts!