Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7/11/08 Stubb's Show in Austin, TX

I hope everyone's keeping an eye on the calendar for this one.  It's a Friday show this time, so hopefully the band will get a better turn out than their previous visit yielded.

Who's in so far?

I'll be there.
leaving tomorrow morning to spend a week in austin for my birthday/ours show (with Darren - Stars Die) :clap:
I'll be there!
I'll be there.
Anyone know doors and showtimes?
HOLY SHIT.... it was sooo good :clap:

definitly the best I've ever heard them, jimmy seemed really happy and full of energy, even though he said that he just had surgery in his mouth and had stitches inside of it, you really couldn't tell. he was all over the stage dancing around and smiling. though he said that could have been due to the drugs haha.

I'll try and remember the setlist. I'll probably be wrong..

(not in order)
willing (I think haha, can't remember)
drowning with Reprise
murder
black
mercy
ave maria - live again (with jam)
worst things beautiful
ran away to tell the world
god only wants you
here is the light
get up (with jam, joined by members of the two opening bands)

i know I'm missing something. it'll come back to me.
the band sounded great, jimmy had said that the guy drumming for them (forget his name) had only one day to practice before having to go out and start the tour as their drummer but really you couldn't even tell, he did a really good job. jimmy did take over drums during get up and a couple of the guys from PJA and GoJ joined them on stage and it was crazy. there was so much going on for such a small stage. but it was so intense.
someone had yelled to jimmy "where's your brother" in which he replied to him by saying he's doing the same thing he did while we were recording the record, he's hiding with his girlfriend.

we got a few photos which we'll hopefully have up later, Darren actually got video of ave maria and it came out nice. which hopefully we'll have that up too.
I'm pretty sure the AC was on for PJA and GoJ but when ours came on they cut it off, but it wasn't TOO bad.
both opening bands sounded great as well. we picked up their cds after the show.

after the show locke was really the only one who hung around at first, and we asked him to sign Mercy for us and he actually asked if we would like him to take the cd in the back and get everyone to sign it and he did. which was really nice of him, we didn't expect that. evetually the other guys came out except jimmy, understandable considering the surgery in his mouth, it was enough that he came out and did the show. nothing can stop him

sorry if my words are all over the place. I've not really had much sleep since friday, I'll probably come back and edit this later. and add some more. but figured I'd write up something about this show Confusedmile2:
thanx for the great write-up, sweetie!! i can't believe jimmy and i both had mouth surgery this week, lol!! yeah, takes alot outta ya, hope he can rest up!! and i hope *you and darren* had a BLAST in cancun! can't wait for a pm telling me all about your fun!! we are going to puerto vallarta next month, teeeny tiny consolation for not getting our seattle and portland shows! HUGS!
Wished For None Wrote:someone had yelled to jimmy "where's your brother" in which he replied to him by saying he's doing the same thing he did while we were recording the record, he's hiding with his girlfriend.

So! Maybe it was just this? Maybe he's in love and doesn't want to be away from his girlfriend so much (I mean, this band tours constantly). And Jimmy himself has said that touring can ruin relationships if your partner can't come along.

Aww. Kind of sweet, actually.

Thank you for the great review, Ashlee.
Willing
Black
Mercy
Drowning
Here is The Light
Ran Away to Tell the World
Murder
Ave Maria
Live Again
God Only Wants You
Worst Things Beautiful
Get Up

I got some pictures and videos... I got a video of the "mercy" bit at the end of Murder this time, as well as Ave Maria. I'm staying in Texas for a week still, but I'll put those up on Youtube as soon as possible once I get home.
awesome review guys!

I wonder what kind of surgery he had on his mouth... considering that he seemed to be well enough to play...

...which leads me to be skeptical about the recent canceled show (yes I know their promo team said it wasn't the band's fault but seems uncanny... or maybe jimmy took that as an opportunity to get the surgery -who knows)

I hope it was oral surgery that's routine and not like he was punched in the face and split his cheek or anything!
The surgery was performed in Albuquerque (I believe), Jimmy explained to my friends and me after that show what he went in for. Static clarified to me at the Dallas show that is was not the band's decision to cancel the Lubbock show.
Fiasco! Wrote:I wonder what kind of surgery he had on his mouth... considering that he seemed to be well enough to play...

we talked to locke after and I think he said they had to take out some shattered bone from his jaw.. a friend asked if he got attacked or anything and locke said no. but didn't say what happened.
jimmy said it hurt really bad but you couldn't tell at all. then again he said he was on pain meds haha.
starlit Wrote:thanx for the great write-up, sweetie!!  i can't believe jimmy and i both had mouth surgery this week, lol!!  yeah, takes alot outta ya, hope he can rest up!!  and i hope *you and darren* had a BLAST in cancun! can't wait for a pm telling me all about your fun!!  we are going to puerto vallarta next month, teeeny tiny consolation for not getting our seattle and portland shows!  HUGS!

I'll write to ya :detective:
No shattered jaw bones. It was bone in his mouth that built up due to steroids he had to take for his vocals.
ah okay. thanks for the clarification guys.

Of course we all wish a speedy recovery!
I'll have the photos and video up by wednesday at the latest... This was the best I've ever seen the band play, I think. Smile
lifer_refil Wrote:No shattered jaw bones.  It was bone in his mouth that built up due to steroids he had to take for his vocals.

Well, at least that's what locke told us.
thanks for the great reviews, guys! wow, mouth surgery and back on the road? what a trooper! let's hope those meds keep doing him some good.

looking forward to the pics and video! Smile
so, i hadn't seen ours since the new orleans show right before the hurricane -- here are pictures from the other night @ stubbs:

[Image: 2667803695_36a7345fa9.jpg?v=0]

full set on flickr
Awesome Smile

I see Darren in one of your pics, you were close to us (we were right in front of jimmy)

nice photos Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Chicago show 8-29-21? eyestheskies 1 247 09-18-2021, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  Penny Dreadful fans will see someone familiar at tonight's show blasko66 2 1,041 04-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  nov 28 nyc show starlit 8 1,789 12-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Last Post: starlit
  benefit show! starlit 2 846 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
  nj show 4/19/14 starlit 8 1,012 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post: northstar80
  8/19/2013 Middle East Show in Cambridge, MA luciddream71 9 1,144 08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
  8.10.13 prophet bar show review & pics starlit 12 1,086 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Last Post: watchtower
  bowery show review starlit 1 580 07-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Last Post: northstar80
  Atlanta show 5/29/13 chilibun 3 784 06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: chilibun
  Charlotte show, 06/04 Xxtayce 16 1,367 06-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: chilibun