Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7/11/08 Stubb's Show in Austin, TX
Material Witness Wrote:And stop letting THEIR issues affect you.
:clap:
Ah, hell. This is my first post here. Might as well dive in headfirst.

Here's the thing: if I decided not to listen to a musician because he's done things I might not approve of, my CD case would be empty. As it is, I have no idea if Broken Man Inside's story is true. He's an anonymous poster on a message board -- sorry, dude, but that's just not good enough for me to take you at your word. And I'm not interested in specific names or details that would validate your story, either, because if you've read the first sentence of this paragraph, you'll know that I really don't give a shit.

And even if it is true, you're not exactly acquitting yourself well here. Anything that happens between Jimmy and Gabriel and you? Is none of our business. Deal with it on your own without announcing it to the world in an attempt to prove to everyone how right you are. Because this:

Broken Man Inside Wrote:Oh and we had the Ours bonfire last night. Everything went. T-shirts, Thermals, Hoodies, Hotshorts, CDs, DVDs, Stickers, Leather Wristbands, Tickets... If Ours made it, we burned it. A true cleansing.

Is drama-queeny beyond description. Sheesh.

I can only go on what I know. What I know is this: 1) I love the music, 2) I love the live shows, and 3) Jimmy has been nothing but gracious and kind to me the few times I've met him. As a fan, that's absolutely the most I could ever ask for. I don't need to be "enlightened" on the details of Jimmy's personal life, Broken Man Inside, and it's neither my place to know them nor your place to be telling perfect strangers about it. If (and that's a very big "if") it's true, I don't care. The only thing you've really done here is make yourself look bad.

Quick edit: you beat me to it, Sanzen. Heh.
But, you said it better than I did.
I've seen this happen on pretty much every band message board I've posted on, though it's always with these lesser-known, cultish bands. Someone always comes along and tells us what an awful person so-and-so guy really is, what they've done to spurn this poster, and they always naively expect to have any sort of impact on how we fans view the musician from then on. Pathetic.

Run-on sentences rule.
As it's been said, we'er here for the MUSIC. jimmy's perfect personality wasn't what pulled us in, and it's not what kept us fans interested. it's been the music.
BUT, as everyone has said, we've never had a bad experience meeting them, personally we've never been hurt.
and I know quite a few people who are close to the gnecco's, or at least jimmy. and none of them have ever had a complaint, and if they did, well they were respectful enough to keep it to themselves. because that has nothing to do with the music that is giving to us fans.
jimmy doesn't go on stage, saying shit about his personal life, people he doesn't like because of this or that. he's never done any of that on stage (aside from the manson/circa tour. but hell anyone would snap in that situation) and off stage, he's always so grateful to us, stays around signing posters and cds, shaking hands and taking photos. I've just heard so many good things about them, more so than bad. and when it's bad it's when some random person joins the board and decides to "expose the truth" when in fact you can't believe half the shit people say online, we'll go by our own experience.

so no one's really gonna believe you, or agree with you, based on our personal judgement and the fact that you're making yourself out to be a total dick. no matter who it is you don't go public with that kinda shit. unless you're looking for attention, which sadly you are getting.

anyways, back on subject. hurry up and get those photos up darren!
Wished For None Wrote:anyways, back on subject.

I'm sorry. I can't. Since I'm the one who first jumped on BMI, I think I should address just a few more things.

Yes, Yes, I admit that I have a bias and a soft spot for this artist who's been such a positive influence in my life. So, yes, I'll knee-jerk when someone just blindly throws out unsound insults, especially someone who so clearly has a personal grudge.

But it wasn't just that he insulted Jimmy. He also insinuated that we have blinders on, and we should "wake up," and stop listening to this band. I didn't like that either.

Also, Sanzen is right. None of us ever said anything negative about Pit. None of us. Ever. So coming here to "defend" him is bullshit and a waste of time.

And Acrobat is right. I'd add my books to that too. If I removed every book from my shelves by authors who had ever done or said something that I didn't agree with or approve of, I'd have nothing left on my shelves but books by Al Franken.

I don't believe the Gabriel stuff for a second. And if there is a misunderstanding, that's all it is. Jimmy is on tour. Whatever might be going wrong, it's probably a management or label issue.

And the cheerleader sucks anyway. ;-)
Haha, to add to that...Gabriel is credited in the album sleeve. I opened it half expecting to read "I DID ALL THE ARTWORK ~ J. Gnecco."
Sanzen Wrote:Haha, to add to that...Gabriel is credited in the album sleeve.  I opened it half expecting to read "I DID ALL THE ARTWORK ~ J. Gnecco."

Not trying to stir the fire, but being credited and being paid are two different things.
^Fire stirrerer!
Sanzen Wrote:Haha, to add to that...Gabriel is credited in the album sleeve.  I opened it half expecting to read "I DID ALL THE ARTWORK ~ J. Gnecco."

Snerk.
OK, everyone knows that I'm the one who really did the cheerleader artwork for the album. I also wrote all the songs. I also came up with the idea for Star Wars and named those plastic things on the end of shoelaces. Damn you Gnecco, damn you ;-)
Broken Man Inside Wrote:
Wished For None Wrote:Someone had yelled to Jimmy, "Where's your brother?"
He replied, "He's doing the same thing he did while we were recording the record, he's hiding with his girlfriend."

What I get from this is that Jimmy is pathetically bitter that Pit left.

It seems like he really knows how to carry a grudge for someone who preaches about positivity and forgiveness. I have constantly seen Jimmy either contradict his own lyrics with his actions or be inconsistent with his own statements, that now I don't really give a shit anymore. Pit's his brother! You can make all the beautiful music in the world but when I see you proving that you don't live by it yourself, I stop caring.

Also, a lot of you may find his "fuck your girlfriend" comment funny but the fact is that it proves even more so, that he's full of shit. He's always made it seem like it was everyone else's fault and not his own. How many people have left? We've heard and seen that Jimmy does has a violent temper and negativity naturally flows towards those filled with it. Maybe the problem is him and not those people.

I have lifted the veil from my eyes and will not buy another hypocritical record of theirs or pay for another ticket. In fact, I can no longer be uplifted by someone of his disgrace level. He's his own worst enemy and it's time his fans wake up and see him for what he is (a tyrant and a fraud) and not what he wants us to think he is. Maybe Pit sees that. Maybe that is why he left.

Maybe YOU ARE Pit, and maybe you are exaggerating due to the very same reason you left the band in the first place.
You know after going back and reading everything broken man inside has posted I must say that I agree and think that it is Pit. If so..... then i could see why Jimmy would be so hard on him, cause DAMN DUDE!
leave britney alone Wrote:Maybe YOU ARE Pit, and maybe you are exaggerating due to the very same reason you left the band in the first place.

Okay, that's definitly NOT the case. might I suggest not even bringing that up.

they'er brothers, they love each other. they'er not in a band together anymore, but they'er still brothers. simple as that.

anyways... stubbs austin show. what a blast!! who agrees?
bruisepristine Wrote:You know after going back and reading everything broken man inside has posted I must say that I agree and think that it is Pit. If so..... then i could see why Jimmy would be so hard on him, cause DAMN DUDE!

I'm gonna hope that you guys are just joking.

the gnecco boys have better heads on their shoulders than to fight like little kids and make it public. obviously, why they haven't even annouced WHY pit left the band, it's none of our business. can't we leave it at that?
Im not trying to stir up trouble. I love Ours. I love Jimmy. I love Pit. But I calls em like I sees em. Smile Unfortunately we cant read any of the things Broken Man Inside posted anymore because they were removed. Probably because some of the things he said dealt with inside label information that could actually get him sued for disclosing.

Id like to think that because they are brothers they wouldnt fight like this also, but Pit left the band so theres at least a chance it was on bad terms, and that could mean that they would be fighting. I fight with my siblings...
I normally would never write on here but I thought this required my attention.

Broken Man Inside...

I don't know why you care about what is said about me so much, but get a life of your own and allow me my privacy. Some of the fans now think you're me and that shit ain't cool.

Also keep in mind that you might be trying to defend me or whatever but you are still insulting MY brother. And that shit ain't cool either. Mind your own business and allow the fans to use the boards for what they are meant to be about... THE MUSIC!

Thanks-Pit
this is so Haim
Pit Wrote:I normally would never write on here but I thought this required my attention.

Broken Man Inside...

I don't know why you care about what is said about me so much, but get a life of your own and allow me my privacy. Some of the fans now think you're me and that shit ain't cool.

Also keep in mind that you might be trying to defend me or whatever but you are still insulting MY brother. And that shit ain't cool either. Mind your own business and allow the fans to use the boards for what they are meant to be about... THE MUSIC!

Thanks-Pit

Score!

seriously though, can't we get back in topic? this show was AMAZING. yes?
Yeah, everyone's off topic. This thread is about the Austin show...

It's been said time and time again, one last reminder if KTB had a slogan, it'd be something like this:
Pit Wrote:Mind your own business and allow the fans to use the boards for what they are meant to be about... THE MUSIC!

Now damn it Darren, get these photos up ASAP to divert everyone!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Chicago show 8-29-21? eyestheskies 1 247 09-18-2021, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Sippe
  Penny Dreadful fans will see someone familiar at tonight's show blasko66 2 1,041 04-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: jlatham
  nov 28 nyc show starlit 8 1,789 12-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Last Post: starlit
  benefit show! starlit 2 846 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
  nj show 4/19/14 starlit 8 1,012 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post: northstar80
  8/19/2013 Middle East Show in Cambridge, MA luciddream71 9 1,144 08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
  8.10.13 prophet bar show review & pics starlit 12 1,086 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Last Post: watchtower
  bowery show review starlit 1 580 07-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Last Post: northstar80
  Atlanta show 5/29/13 chilibun 3 784 06-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: chilibun
  Charlotte show, 06/04 Xxtayce 16 1,367 06-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: chilibun